XV

1 week later

Kat...

Mani and I were in PE class laid up in the bleachers. As seniors you don't really do shit especially not in PE, so it was basically free time we got. As we were laughing and chatting it up Chino passed by us, we got silent and watched him walk by. He gave me the most disgusted and repulsed look nearly making my stomach flop. After the party he hadn't talked to me or Mani, Mani didn't care but I did. I would try to talk to him in the hallways but he would pretend he couldn't hear me, I would text him but he would never text back, I would call but.. I think you get the point. Chino was like a big brother, I'm not fine with him being mad at me.

"Chino!" I called his name then chased after him. He acted like he couldn't hear me and continued walking

"CHINO!" I yanked his arm making him stop, he turned towards me with his eyes in slits

"What do you want?"

"What's your problem? You haven't talked to me for like a week!"

"Psh, you know what you did Kat don't act innocent" He said shooing me off and walking away

"So that's it? You just gone stop talking to me and pretend like I never existed cause I fucked Meechie?" I asked

"Yup!" He said still walking. Wow shows his true colors.

"Oh well that's funny cause I haven't.. when Mani told you that, she was speaking for herself" He stopped dead in his tracks and turned back around to me with an apologetic look "But go ahead keep ignoring me cause I'm gonna sleep with him eventually." I shrugged my shoulders and walked back to Mani.

"What he say" She scoffed

"I just asked him if he was gonna turn his back on me just cause I slept with Meech and he said yeah so.." I shrugged once more. At first I cared because I thought Chino would still have my back but turns out he wouldn't. I don't even understand why he's concerned with me sleeping with Meech so much!

"Oh well that's his own problem... Where we goin for lunch?" She asked fully changing the topic making me laugh.

"I don't know .. I'm not tryna go to McDonalds no more though, I'm starting to get a belly" I said poking at my stomach "We should hit up the gym after school"

"Oh trust me imma get some exercise later on tonight" She said with her tongue out, I smacked her on the arm and shook my head

"You're nasty"

"I'm just sayin!" She shouted throwing her hands up

Meechie...

I had picked out a couple more places for the new trap location and today me and Ant was gonna check em out. I hated moving but I gotta do what I gotta do to keep us on top. The first spot I wrote down wasn't but 30 minutes away from our original trap so we were gonna hit that one up first.

"Yo King" One of my workers Keenan called as me and Ant were on our way out. Keenan was one of my oldest workers, he been workin since my dad first became King. I looked back and waited for him to speak "Is it true y'all finna move the trap?" he looked disappointed

"Yeah, Corner Boys could run up in here at any second now that they know where we at" I explained

"But we have security.. I just don't wanna have to move out of here you know, it has a lot of memories" I knew exactly what he meant.. I basically grew up in this place

"I know, but we gotta do what we gotta do" I shrugged

"I understand man, it's cool" He nodded then went back to work.