XII

Tuesday 10:30pm; Pops 40th Birthday

Meechie...

"You ready son" My father laughed as we exited his office.. this week was the most I've ever talked to him. This week was the first time I had ever seen him laugh or smile.. it was pretty weird but it was also kinda of rewarding to me. Today was the day he retires and I take the crown.. I wonder if he ever gone settle down now that he got all this weight off of his shoulders.

"Shit, are you ready?" I asked him

"Good question.. I guess I'm ready to sit back and relax for once" He laughed once more. We locked up the trap then got in my car driving towards the party. One question was really burning in my head that I wanted to ask my pops but I knew he would flash... my curiosity got the best of me and I didn't really care how he reacted

"Pops.." He looked at me and waited for me to continue "You think you gone ever settle down again?" He took a deep sigh and shook his head

"No.. you can't trust females.. none of em, but I been hearin you with some girl?"

"Uh.. yeah" I was wonderin in my head how he knew but that nigga know everything he just don't say nothin. "She gone be there tonight" And tonight was the night I was gonna ask her to be my girl, again... and if she said yes that makes her Queen of NYC so I hope she ready.

"Hm." He nodded "Watch out Meechie.. you know what can happen"

"I know pops" We pulled up to club Nuevo, music was blasting and people was lined up out the door. Me and Pops got out and valet parked my car. As soon as we got in people started shouting our names and tried to make conversation. While my dad stopped to talk to people I searched around the club looking for Kat.

"Meechie!" I only know one person who would still call me by my name and not King, I turned around and smiled at her as she walked towards me with a drink in her hand. She had on a tight milk white dress with her hair up in a curly bun, if I could bow down to her right there I would.

"Don't have to many of those tonight aight" I said pointing to her drink.. I didn't want her getting too out of control, my dad was there and I knew he would be watching like a hawk.

"Tell Mimi that!" She shouted over the music while laughing "This is my second one, I won't have anymore ok"

"How long you been here?" I asked as we walked to VIP

"Like 20 minutes" She answered sitting down

"Where's Ant and Mani?" She pointed to them further down on the couch laughing and talking, I nodded

"When you gonna get "crowned"?" She asked using air quotes, I laughed at her cause she actually thought there was a "crowning" involed. We just called it the crowning cause they had to call me King.

"I don't really get a crown babygirl, I got "crowned" just by waking up this morning" She mad a "Oh" face then nodded

"So I guess I gotta call you King now" She purred in my ear

"Mhm" I nodded biting my lip "And I been meanin to ask-

"Hey King" Ashley shouted interrupting me, I rolled my eyes and gave her a dry 'Hey" back. They shoulda made the trap hoes stay at the trap!

"As I was sayin, I been meanin to ask you-

"You wanna dance?" She asked , interrupting me again.

"No" I growled furrowing my eyebrows at her. She crinkled her nose up then looked to the side of me and noticed Katrina, then rolled her eyes.

"Oh I see" She made some type of duck looking face then walked away to some other dude.