Chapter 2: Cinderella

"Well, hurry up, slow coach!" Drizella shook her fist at her blonde sister as she reached the foot of the stairs.

"I am hurrying up," Cinderella effortlessly defended herself as she rolled her eyes, balancing both large boxes AND her little knapsack. The only thing her step mother had allowed her to take for an entire semester.

At least her stepmother even allowed her to go to college. Well, not after holding her back for a year and allowing her stepsisters to go on, making her an academic year younger than them, though they were all in the same age group.

"Not fast enough. Quickly! And don't you DARE back mouth me, else I'm telling mother. And you know what she'll do,"

"How could I forget?" Cinderella sighed, her eyes moving to Anastasia, the other fraternal twin, who was busy flipping through her phone. "Wow, Drizella, free WiFi here. I think I just might like it here,"

"Blah blah, Ana. You get moving too!" Suddenly, her phone beeped. She stopped halfway, blocking Cinderella from any further movement.
Drizella glared at the screen but her face calmed down when she saw the caller ID. She squealed, fluttering her hand in Cinderella's face. "It's him, It's him!" She quickly picked the call and began to hurriedly move away.
"Hi, Gaston, baby!"

Cinderella nearly gagged but she knew if she did, the princess' clothes would end up covered beneath her morning breakfast.

"I really hate that Gaston. I believe she's too good for him," Anastasia sneered into her phone, not even caring who she was speaking to. "And she's stupid to be super smitten by that block head. Don't you think so, Cinderella?"

"I don't even care. Where's your room?"

Anastasia glared hard at her. "Well, what a conversationist you are!"

"Now, you want to converse?" Cinderella sighed. "Just show me your room,"

"Hmph!" Anastasia shot her nose in the air and led the way without a word.

All Cinderella had to do was endure. Luckily for her, her sisters were each other's roommates. Good for them, for her too. It meant she needn't be around them for an entire semester. All she needed. Even one day would have been a blessing. And she had six whole months of it. What more, they were in different departments.

She just had to endure a minute more.

When she arrived at her step sisters' room, she dropped everything in exhaustion.

"Oh, yes, and Cind–" Anastasia's voice trailed off when she saw Cinderella running away with full force towards the other direction.

****
Cinderella's roommate was fast asleep when she arrived.
The roommate just lay, unmoving, scaring the hell out of her. Cinderella had to move closer to hear the soft breathing before she could keep calm once more.

Oh well, she was sure they'd be introduced to each other before lectures commenced the next two days.

Heaving a sigh of relief, she flopped unto her bed, arms outstretched, eyes shut tight. Six whole months! No Lady, Anastasia and Drizella Tremaine!

She didn't even mind if her room was placed on the very top floor of the Female's Wing. The stress of climbing daily was nothing compared to over 12 years of labour and hatred by her–er– family. If she was lucky, she'd find a way to leave the house once and for all.

She'd have to study hard. If she was lucky, she'd be able to graduate, not only from college but from her horrible background as well.

"Help me, mom and dad," she whispered to the empty atmosphere. Her eyes fluttered close once more as she drifted off into a very wonderful sleep, more than sure and happy that no one would be waking her up two hours later.