Chapter 21

Jane and Robert planned to go public in a few weeks, but only after Robert begged and convinced. Jane really only did it to set his soul at peace. Finally, Jane had gathered the nerve to say what she really felt to Robert. Simply that she loved him. It felt amazing to finally get it off of her chest.

Jane had shared a mutual liking with Robert for the day they'd spent at the pond together. But constantly Jane asked herself what would've happened if that old man hadn't interrupted, how far they would've actually gone. All at once, Jane came to the conclusion that she'd just gotten caught up in the heat of the moment, and probably would've regretted it later. Yes, Jane loved Robert with all that she was, but she just wasn't to go there with him-anybody, yet.

The two of them had been together for about three months now, and things were finally starting to settle. Or atleast that's what Jane thought, but happy never lasts to long for her.

Jane was currently walking down the crowded hallway with Maggie, on their way to lunch.

"Did you hear Slyvia got knocked up?" Maggie whispered, peering at Jane.

"What?! You gotta be kidding me, I was good friends with Slyvia, she ain't that kind of girl." Jane stopped in her tracks, mouth hanging open.

"Obviously, she is that type of girl. I wish her the best of luck!" 

"Well, she gone need alot more than luck to keep that baby healthy. Lord help her." Jane shook her head, biting her lip. "I'm gonna run to the bathroom, I'll see you in the cafeteria, okay?" 

Maggie nodded quickly, walking towards the cafeteria. Jane headed into the bathroom, head heavy with sentimental thoughts towards her old friend, Slyvia. How could a girl be so irresponsible to let that happen? She had practically just ruined her whole life, maybe even the father's, if he was even still around.

Jane got inside the bathroom and was about to re-apply her make-up when she noticed she wasn't alone. A familar back of the head appeared. Dark blonde, wavy hair. Flowing down past her shoulders with accents of red. It was Lois, no doubt about it. Wow, talk about awkward.

Her first thought was to just evacuate and pretend it never happened, but Jane wasn't a punk. She was going to face her fears, besides, it's not like Lois knew about them anyways. She would've told everyone by  now.

Strutting over to the nearest sink with a large mirror above it, Jane made sure her presence was known. She dared a glance at Lois who was giving her a curious look, but nothing or more nothing less. Jane shrugged and starting getting out her basic foundation, red lipstick and blush. 

 As time dragged on, Jane could feel Lois's eyes stabbing into her. Even though she pretended she was washing her hands or also applying make-up, Louis was secretly spying on Jane. Even after all of that Jane was afraid to look up into her striking grey eyes, afraid that Lois did in fact know more than she was putting out.

Ahem, Jane thought. Except, it wasn't a thought of hers, it wasn't even in her head. Lois had just made the sound. Slowly craning her head towards Lois, Jane's eyes met Lois's and she could feel the bitterness in them. Something was up and Jane could tell. 

"Can I help ya'?" Jane asked harshly, raising a single eyebrow.

Lois face turned from curious to amused and then to disgust. Jane shuddered a bit. "I don't know, can ya?" She asked bitterly, starting to walk towards Jane a bit. Her hands resided on her small hips as the sound of Lois's heels hitting the tile echoed inside the bare bathroom. 

Jane backed up, a frown on her face. "What are you doin', chick? I'm sure you can state your buisness from where you were." She told her, pointing back.