Chapter 14

Jane smiled and walked over to her bag to grab a towel, she was sweaty and she didn't like it. Robert's eyes never left Jane the whole time as he walked towards her.

"What are ya' doing here?" Jane asked, politely.

A smirk crossed Robert's face as he reached Jane, and leaned on the wall, arms crossed.

"Hm, you spied on me, I thought it was only fair I'd return the favor." Robert stated, smiling sarcastically at Jane.

Oh, no. So Robert did know Jane was there all that time! He probably thought she was some sort of creepy, deranged freshman girl now. Great...

"I-I well-" Jane stuttered, blushing.

"Hey, hey, hey now. I didn't say I didn't...like it." Robert suggested, moving closer to Jane.

Jane was having trouble breathing with him this close, "You didn't say ya' did either..." Jane managed, as his sweaty body got closer to her equally as sweaty one.

Robert smiled and helped Jane with her bags. What a gentleman, Jane thought to herself.

The couple made their way out of the studio and into the hallway, they walked close to each other and made light chat.

"So are you an athlete. Or do you just lift heavy things all day?" Jane asked.

Robert looked down chuckling. Sometimes it was annoying how amusing he thought Jane was.

"I'm a wrestler, for your information." Robert stated.

Made sense, Robert's body structure and posture totally screamed wrestler. And lifting weights before the season was something everyone on the wrestling team commited to. Jane would know, Richard was also on the wrestling team.

"Are you any good?" Jane purred, mocking Robert's earlier words.

Robert flashed a small, but adorable grin, exposing his dimples. Jane almost melted.

"No, I'm excellent." He retorted.

Jane and Robert laughed together as he brought his free arm around her. Jane sighed in relief. Even that one small gesture made her feel warmer and safer. She couldn't help but wear a cheesy grin.

The two continued stumbling throughout the school until they finally made it to the quad. Jane stopped, overcome with hiccups and giggles of all kinds. Robert just stared at her, small smile on his tan face.

"What?" Jane breathed, on the verge of another fit of giggles.

"Nothing." Robert sighed.

"No, it's somethin', tell me!" Jane punched him playfully on the arm.

"You're different, Jane." Robert explained, reaching for her hands as be dropped their bags on a nearby table.

Jane's heart sped up as she slipped her small hand into his reasonably bigger one.

"Is that a good thang?" Jane whispered.

"I'm still trying to determine that." Robert concluded as he dipped his head towards Jane.

Jane closed her eyes in delight and stood on the tip of her toes. Gosh, Robert was tall.

Just as their lips were about to meet, Jane dared open her eyes. Just as she did, a flash of dark skin and fury flashed behind Robert's head. Before she realized what had happened, Robert was on the floor, rolling as blood fled from his nose.

What the hell? Jane met the enraged eyes of Richard and automatically cringed. Her anger boiled up until she exploded. Had he really just punched Robert?