Chapter 13

Jane walked, or rather ran, into her Latin class a few seconds after the bell rung and was caught under the spectical gaze of her teacher. There were no words needed, Jane just sat in her seat. 

Jane was actually pretty good at Latin, even though it was a dead language. She had the highest grade in the class and could speak to anyone fluently in Latin. This class was a breeze. 

When it was over, Jane was already packed and ready to go. Unlike last periods diaster, okay maybe it wasn't that much of a diaster, she did get a kiss from her Robert. 

She casually walked to her next class, scanning the halls for any of her friends, but mostly for Robert. Being all caught up with Robert, she had forgotten to ask him the question that had been nagging her. Why in the hell was Robert's locker in the freshmans hallway? 

This really bugged Jane for some reason, but she ignored it and headed into English class. Jane was the first one there, but like a good girl she took out her notebook and started doing the assignment. Jane had never gotten a C on any report card, and she planned to keep it that way. But judging by the habits she'd been exhibitng lately, a C was likely to appear. Jane shuddered at the thought.

---

The rest of the day passed quickly and uneventfully. Well, except for the few winks and smiles Jane and Robert exchanged at lunch, and Louis not showing her ugly face up.

Soon, Jane found herself outside in the hot, humid Georgia air leaning boredly on Robert's car. He'd said meet him at his car, so where was he? Jane did not want to be late for practice.

Five more minutes, and I'll go, Jane thought to herself but she knew it was a lie. Jane would here untill it was absolutely time for her to go. 

After what seemed like an eternity, Robert walked out of the school door. His blue eyes squinting in the bright sun. Jane couldn't help but smile, she just missed him so much.

Running at almost full speed, Jane jumped up and hugged Robert, wrapping her arms and legs around him. He didn't stumble back, it was if he'd braced himself this time. He chuckled and kissed Jane on the cheek as he lightly set her back on her feet. 

"So I'm assuming it kills you as much as it kills me to be away from you." Robert asked as he styled his hair back into place.

Jane nodded, grinning. "Was it obvious?" 

Robert shrugged, jokingly and Jane slipped her hand in his. It felt like second nature.

They slowly began walking back into the school. 

"Now, what's it you leaving me for?" Robert asked.

"Ballet." Jane replied simply.

Robert nodded, "You any good?" 

Jane laughed mockingly as if it were the stupidest question she'd ever heard, "No, I'm excellent." She joked.

"Oh, you got a big head, now don't ya?" Robert asked, smirking at Jane.

"Only 'cause I know it's true." Jane said, holding his hand impossibly tighter. 

They soon pulled up in front of the girls change room and Robert dropped Jane's hands only to have his wrapped around her waist pulling her close.

Jane's hands stroked his rosy cheeks as she brought him down for a kiss. It was long and passionate, nothing compared to their first kiss, but no doubt sweet. Once again, Robert's lips felt like heaven. She didn't want to stop kissing, but she knew she had to get dressed.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow?" Jane asked.

"Most certainly." Robert grinned and kissed Jane's forehead before walking away.