Chapter 4

Jane's POV

At 7:30, Jane was currently sliding down the grapevine that brought her safely to the ground. Her red dress looked even better on her than she thought it would and her thick hair was curled to perfection. She wore a thick coat of ruby red lipstick and slight blush. Jane thought she looked pretty good. 

When her feet made a soft landing on the grass, Jane turned her back slightly to look through the window. Her father had fallen asleep and had the newspaper plastered across his broad chest and her mother was sitting close to him, dipping her head every once in a while in exhaustion. Soon after, Jane's mom was fast asleep to. Perfect, she thought giggling at herself. 

She whipped her head back around only to be looking dead into Calvin's chest. He smiled excitedtly at her and slid up his glasses. His brown hair was combed out well and looked...decent. He wore a very professional suit that looked well on him. Overall, he looked pretty sassy himself.

"Hey, Cal. You look mighty fine, trynna snag you a lover this fine night?" Jane noted, straightening her dress and running a hand through her hair. 

"If I look fine, you must be a dream come true! You look like yous already got a lover in mind." Calvin joked, observing Jane from head to toe.

"You know flattery, gets you no where!" Jane giggled and pulled Calvin by the arm, "Now come on! We gots to go."

The two tip-toed stealthy through Janes open front yard and glanced back at her snoring parents every so often. In front, her eyes met Janice and Maggie, almost shaking with excitement. When they saw Jane, their smiles grew even bigger, if possible. Maggie motioned her over with open arms. 

"Jane, honey! You knows you sinning in every way, looking as good as you do tonight. Try to save a few boys for us." Maggie giggled, patting her back as they hugged. 

Jane smiled and looked at Maggie. She didn't have half the curves Jane did but her body was still enjoyable. Maggie wore a white dress a bit longer than Janes and white heels. The dress was depressingly plain but it suited Maggie well. Her dark brown hair was in a simple bun. 

"Ya'll needa stop! I look equally as good as all ya'll do tonight! I love your dress, Maggie." Jane sighed, nodding.

Jane heard a groan from her left side and nearly jumped out of her skin. She had forgotten Janice was here too, she'd been unusually quiet. 

"Whas wrong?" Jane asked, turning towards her. 

Janice shook her head quickly, making her curled hair flip and wave. 

"It's that boy, Jeremy. He's 'pose to be here already! I can't trust none of them boys, no more." Janice exclaimed, rolling her eyes and glaring.

Jane rubbed her shoulders for comfort. "Don't worry, J. I'm sure he'll stay true to his word." She said, looking around timidly. 

About 6 minutes later, Jeremy finally arrived. Noisy car and all. Janes eyes widened as she looked through her front window where her two parents were still sound asleep. Her mother stirred slightly but never opened her eyes.

Sighing in relief, Jane piled into the small car along with her friends. Janice sat in the front seat, arguing and fussing at Jeremy while Jane, Maggie and Calvin squeezed in the back.

"I'm mighty sorry, J baby." Jeremy cried, pouting a single, puffy red lip at Janice. Jane hated when guys called Janice "J baby" 

Janice shrugged, smiled warmly, then quickly pecked Jeremy on the lips.

"Aw, I guess it's fine. Just drive, we's already late as it is!" Janice smirked, gesturing him forward.

Jeremy grinned, chuckling happily then started the car up.