Chapter 17

Jane awoke abruptly, her face peeling slowly from her Latin textbook. She groaned internally and externally, great, she scolded herself. 

As she rose from her bed, she looked down at herself noticing how she till wore the same clothes from the night before. Wow, she really had been exhausted. And she had alot of things on her mind.

Groaning even louder, she stood in front of her mirror only to find her hair a mess. Jane looked to the ticking clock above her door to find that is was... 6:25!

Jane screeched as she ran to her closet and tried to find something to wear. Usually, she woke up at 6:00 because it took her forever to get ready. Jane ran into the bathroom and took a short shower. After throwing on her white waist high capris and black and white polka dot shirt, she quickly jogged back to her room. 

"Ouch!" Jane exclaimed as she stepped on a pencil. Her wet hair dripped through on the floor from the towel, causing her to slip and land on her butt.

"Ha, nice." She heard someone say.

Jane's head snapped up to see Robert sitting on her windowsill, smirk and all.

Her eyes widened as she stood up and ran over to him quickly, wrapping her arms around him in a hug. 

"Robert!" She squealed.

"Good mor-" Robert started but was soon cut off by Jane's lips meeting his. She had missed him so much.

Jane retreated from the kiss but kept her arms around his neck.

"Robert, what are ya' doing up here?" Jane asked.

"I told ya' I was gone pick ya' now didn't I?" Robert questioned back.

Jane thought back, "Why yes, ya' did. But I didn't think you were actually serious!" 

"Serious as can be." 

"Well, how did you even get up here?"

"The grapevine."

Jane nodded, "Okay, but ya' can't stay soon! My parents are already furious at me and my Papa saw your car out front yesterday. He already doesn't trust me." 

"Why are your parents mad at you?"

"It's a long, sad story. I'll tell ya' later."

"Okay, I won't take long, but you are riding to school with me. Anyways, I got ya' something." Robert smiled at Jane.

"What is it?" 

Robert stood up, clutching Jane's hand as he walked towards the mirror. He went behind her as he pulled a velvet case from his pocket. It was small and looked expensive. Jane gasped as Robert opened it, revealing a very pretty set of gleaming, cream colored pearls. A necklace and earrings.

"Do you like them?" Robert asked nervously.

All Jane could do was nod slowly. 

He smiled in relief and procedded to take them out. 

"Would you wear them today? For me?" He suggested.

"Of course." Jane reassured.

He slowly wrapped them around her slim neck, making sure to place kisses on her cheek as time dragged on. After a while, Jane heard the click that meant he'd finally put it all the way on. Jane instantly turned around, her hair falling out of the soaked towel.

"Robert...these are beautiful." Jane whispered, looking up into his eyes. 

"Beautiful gifts, for a beautiful girl." He smiled down at Jane, as she hugged him tightly.