Heart Strung

Thank you, for everyone who has added this story to their reading list and have voted and commented. I appreciate it and can't wait to write more of Ella Bass life.

I got out of attending Blair's annual sleepover. I lied and said I had a photo shoot that I couldn't get out of and huffed and puffed but she let me off this time because I was so supportive of her and Eleanor. The reason I lied was because the text I got the morning of Blair's shoot was from Carter who said he was back in the states and he can't wait to see me. I haven't told anyone about being with Carter all summer and how we kind of are and aren't in a relationship. Sure, we've kissed a few times but most of our time together was spent exploring the other side of the world. I'm worried that if I admit how I really feel about Carter he won't want to commit and leave me with a broken heart. I've never had a serious relationship where I had to contemplate if I really wanted to be with someone long term. Blair has always been the one who needed to lock down a boyfriend right out the gate. I've been waiting for the right person.

__________________________________
It's Friday night I can't wait to see Carter. It's been almost a month without contact and now we can pick up where we left things in Greece. I'm fixing my makeup when I hear a knock on my door. I open it to see my red scarf wearing brother who looks amused.

"Hello, sister. I haven't heard from you in so long." Chuck makes his way in my suit and heads to my bar to pour himself some scotch.

"Chuck, I don't have time to talk long. I have to be somewhere." Chuck plucks a strawberry in his mouth

"Well, since you told Blair that you couldn't make it to her annual sleepover, it made me wonder what work is so important that you would bail on your best friend's party." I glare at Chuck. He always knows when I'm hiding something and so do I with him.

"I have a business dinner with Gina that I can't reschedule. She's discussing my opportunity to walk in fashion week this year." I lie right off the back hoping he can't tell that I'm lying.

"Interesting. Well, I don't want to keep you waiting. " I head to the door and was almost out the door when Chuck spoke "Also, if you're going to see boy toy Baizen tell him he better watch his back." I stopped in my tracks. How in the hell does Chuck even know about Carter?

"What are you talking about Chuck?" I close the door and head back over to the kitchen and place my bag on the counter and look at my brother for answers.

"You should know that Nate got himself caught up in a poker scam with your boy toy and some of his mutts. They tried to scam Nate out of ten grand in a sleazy poker game."

"Why would Carter try to take money from Nate?"

"Because he's not the good boy you think he is." This makes me rethink my so-called relationship with Carter. Why would he come back to the states where he said he came back for me to just rip off Nate. Chuck goes to leave and he can tell I'm hurt.

"Also, you should know that he stole from me and has been telling all of his friends how he's screwed you all over Europe." That hurt more than anything. What was Carter thinking? Why would he lie to everyone he knows about sleeping with me? My phone beeps and I see a message from Carter letting me know to meet him at Central Park. I didn't respond not knowing what I was going to do. Chuck comes over to me and brings me into a warm hug.

"I'm sorry to be the one break this news to you, but I will always look out for you. You're my sister and I love you." I hug my brother back and try to keep myself from crying.

"Thank you, Chuck, for always looking out for me. I have to go and meet Carter so we can discuss what's happened." Chuck nodded knowing that I wasn't going to fall for his lies.