Brunch From Hell

I ended up not going to the kiss on the lips party mostly because I knew Chuck was going to be there and the last thing I needed was seeing that bastard. I love my brother but he is a giant pain in my ass daily. Instead of dancing the night away I was watching the food network and doing DIY spa treatments. Missing the party meant I missed out on all the drama such as Serena showing up to the party that she wasn't invited to. Honestly, I don't understand why Blair has such an issue with Serena showing up because the other night it seemed like she was warming up to her being back, but I guess that didn't last for long.
___________________________________
"Is there really anything better than a lazy Sunday? Reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee, scrambling an egg or two. Yeah, right. We Upper East Siders don't do lazy: Breakfast is brunch and it comes with champagne, a dress code and a hundred of our closest friends... and enemies. Chuck' and Ella's dad Bart Bass is hosting the annual brunch for his foundation. Everyone is invited. Well, not everyone."
___________________________________
It's the first day I'm seeing my brother since our fight at the bar. I'm dreading seeing his face after a fight but I can't stay mad at him forever. He's my brother and no matter how much of a pig he is I will always love him in the end.

I'm doing finishing touches on my makeup when there is a knock at my door. I open it to find none other than my dad dressed in one of his many fine business suits.

"Hello Ella, you look beautiful as always." My father kisses me on my cheek and steps through the door.

"Thank you, father

"Thank you, father. Brunch is at 11 is it not?"

My father doesn't take a seat which I normally interpreted as he has one important thing to say to me and that's it.

"You know Ella I do everything I can in my power to provide Chuck and you the very best the world has to offer. I even go out of my way and make sure that both you and your brothers future is as promising as it can be."

"Chuck and I are grateful for everything you do for us dad and..."

"Then why did I find out through my hard-working staff that my two children had a dispute in the hotel kitchen?" my father cut me off

"Chuck did something to my friend that I told him not to do and he said some harsh things to me which caused me to act out. It won't happen again, dad." I never stopped looking my father in the eyes never letting him see me crack under pressure.

He heads towards the door

"Ella I know you understand that in our family when we have disputes with one another they must always be kept quiet. So many would see my children being out of hand as a bad investment in my company. I will not let childish acts from either of you affect everything I have worked for in my life."

"I understand dad."

"Ella I am only speaking to you because I know you will actually heed my warning. You and Chuck will drop whatever happened between you two and you both will behave like perfect children in front of our guest." I nodded and watched my father answer a phone call the moment he exited my suite.