▶ [JINYOUNG × NAYEON] Carry On

note: i'll be doing requests after this, guys so be sure to leave your requests in the comments section below, or give me a quick pm! i'll be doing them in order of my preference but i'll be sure to tag you

and another thing: where are my jinyeon trash at??????!!!! come at me my peeps jk lol sorry for making my first jinyeon one shot an angst one huhu

recommend listening to the instrumental for extra feels! (the instrumental is actually a music box type, smyang makes them and i thought it would be perfect for a theme like this)

plot: in which jinyoung and nayeon lament a miscarriage in the middle of the night at what would've been their first child's nursery

warning: may cause your emotionally weak heart to burst

type: angst

---

Jinyoung rolled over to his side on their bed, expecting to feel his wife's warmth as he attempted to put an arm around her

Jinyoung rolled over to his side on their bed, expecting to feel his wife's warmth as he attempted to put an arm around her. But his eyes immediately open as he felt the space beside him empty - Nayeon wasn't on their bed.

He sat up, and checked his phone: 2:23 am. It was still sort of early, and that left Jinyoung wondering what Nayeon could possible be doing at this time of day.

But then again, he shouldn't have wondered, because she was looking to heal herself after what just happened. He was looking to heal, too. He didn't think that both of them would ever be at peace yet, and now, they are just trying to get themselves to feel better after what had happened. And he couldn't leave Nayeon alone if that was what's keeping her up right now.

He got up and unhooked his bathrobe as he exited the bedroom door, barefoot as he walked down the flight of stairs. It was sort of dark inside the house, but he made his way easily. He checked every room of their home - the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom, even the closets. He made sure to check and shine a small light from his phone to see if Nayeon had retreated there. He even checked the rooftop and the balcony - but she wasn't anywhere.

Then, he shut his eyes. The nursery, he thought. He closed his eyes as his chest began to sigh heavily.

He made his way to the room, which was just down the hallway from their kitchen. He walked slowly, and there he saw his wife, sitting on the matted floor just beside the crib.