Chapter 44

(3RD PERSON POV)

Slowly the months passed. 

Dale was rebuilt, Bard the bowman named king. In Erebor, the halls of old were restored to their former glory. Dwarves began coming home, from the Blue Mountains, the Iron Hills, from all over. 

The baby was named, Lathania, an old name from the heavens. It took a few weeks, but Thorin and Jay were able to get a nursery set up while Fili, Kili, and Vivi all took turns with the babe. When her grandmother arrived, Dis was utterly smitten. Before long, Dis had a corner on the babysitting market and was known to hog the baby's attention whenever she could. That adoration was only rivaled by two others. Everyone was sure that Bofur was going to be her favorite: he made endless amounts of toys, and Bifur, all the figurines you could have imagined, dragons, dwarves, angels, devils, elves, eagles, wizards, everything.

Ali was laid to rest behind the mountain, in a field of wild flowers. Often Kili took Lathania, or Nia as they all called her, out to the field and would sit down and tell her stories about a brave warrior he once came to love. Though many tried, he never accepted the hand of another woman, felt it unloyal.

Jayceeael and Fili had a young one on the way, desperately hoping it was a boy, and they were surprised with a girl... and a boy. Twins. Within seconds they had Fili wrapped around their tiny fingers. Kamivyr was their son, named after a great warrior of the heavens and Avadis was their girl, Fili's mother's name fronted by the angel word for kind, ava.

Thorin and Vivianetta did not have children. They both decided that they'd have their hands full with the other little ones running around that more were not needed. Besides, Thorin had raised Fili and Kili, and they were as good as his own. He took throne and married his angel the same day as his coronation. Ulric attended, and his gift, Ali's wedding dress. Well, it was his mother's, but it was passed down to Ali for her to wear. She refused, and instead gave it to Kili, who promised it to Lathania. The next week, Vivianetta left her throne, leaving it up to the people to decide who would take it, she never did find out who it was.

Dwalin and Doktorian married and left the mountain. They traveled west, taking rule together in the Blue Mountains. In thier later years, Dok and Dwalin would meet at the Council of Elrond, where Gimli, Gloin's son, and a group of nine other's would embark on a journey to destroy Sauron's ring. One of which would be their daughter, Dellkomara. She would later marry the prince of Mirkwood, an elf by the name of Legolas, reuniting the races, all three of them, elf, dwarf, and angels alike, once again.

Balin and Kandonia would not marry. Kandi and Balin never separated however, she had a room of her own within his home. Balin would lead a company of dwarves to retake Moria, Kandi at his side. Ori would be one of the group, Bridane as well. Sadly, Bridane would fall from sickness, Ori would be killed by a goblin arrow, and Balin would be slain by the sword of a goblin. Kandi would escape the goblins, but perish while confronting a Balrog.

Phoniay would travel back to Bag End with Bilbo, where she would stay, growing close to Drogo Baggins and his wife, Primula Brandybuck, as well. She was on the bank while they were drowning. Unable to stop herself, she dove in after them, unfortunately drowning as well, leaving Bilbo alone with young Frodo.

Gloin would return to his wife and child, Emendusk leaving back to her world, taking up position as a messenger between the heavens and the hells. Malmara would accompany her, playing peace keeper between the races. Keeping all in line and helping to work out compromises between them.

Lafkye and Bofur would marry, and together would have three children, all girls, and reside in Erebor. Bifur and Kroskric would be reunited, though not have kids, Kros would slowly learn Khuzdul and be able to formally speak with her husband.

Fayevia and Nori would settle, though his sticky fingers inevitably would get him into trouble. With help from Gloin, they were about to save up some money, bail money nonetheless. Serena and Dori would have two children, marry, and live out the rest of their days. Serena unfortunately outlived her husband by fifty years, finally succumbing to a sickness that had been hidden for many years.