Chapter 16

FILI POV

“It won’t hurt you, just a tad too sweet.” Jay coaxed. “C’mon Fili! Try it!” She said tipping her own glass back. I did so and choked a little.

“Just a tad too sweet?” I said looking at her. Her nose wrinkled and she smiled. She had had about seven glasses already. It was quite humorous; she was all giggly and couldn’t stand up straight. She pulled her hand from mine and flounced away towards the fire, biting her lip a ‘come and get me’ look in her eye.

The dance had been going for about an hour now, the pace hadn’t changed much, and it was still a dance to the beat of a drum. I smiled a little and started after her. She walked backwards bumping into a few people but not bothering to apologize. Her eyes were shining brightly; she turned and looked at me over her shoulder, giving me a small wink she continued on. I quickened my pace to catch her. When we were on the very edge of the fire light she stopped. I stopped, only a step away. When I went to lessen the gap she did as well. Jay stepped into me, wrapping her arms around my neck, pressing her lips to mine. Slightly taken aback, it took me a minute to process what was happening, but of course I kissed back. I put my hands on her waist, pulling her into my chest. She smiled and looked up at me, her gorgeous green eyes reflecting both the stars and the fire light.

“I think…” She said, clearly very drunk from that sweet concoction she had been drinking all night. “…we should go.”

“Go where?” I said, smiling at her drunken behavior. She leaned forward a little more.

“Where do you think?” She whispered. I raised my eyebrows. She giggled into my shoulder, I had an idea.

“And there we shall indeed go.” I picked her up, walking back to the party. I set her down. “Stay here ok; I’ll be right back, promise.” I helped her sit down one of the small benches around the fire. I looked around, finding Ali and my brother I turned him around, he smile, glass in hand.

“Kili, how many of those have you had?”

“I dunno.” He shrugged, then started snickering to.

“He’s kinda cute when he’s drunk!” I turned to look at Ali. “What can I help you with master Fili?” She said stepping forward and looking at me.

“Jay’s about as drunk as drunk can get.” Ali looked at me, straight faced, then busted up laughing. “What?”

“Ok, ok, I’m sorry! Ok…” She started again laughing. “Ok. She doesn’t do drunk too well does she? So just take her to her room, put her to bed, she’ll be fine.” I nodded, and turned, but someone caught my hand, Ali. “She sleep walks when she’s drunk, so make sure she stays in bed, ok?”

“I will.” I smiled back, Kili about tripped over his own feet; she looked at him then me. “I’ll fix that.” She said pointing over her shoulder at him. “Good luck with her.” With that, she turned and grabbed Kili’s hand, pulling him out of sight. I stood Jay up and helped her back to her room. The fireplace let off a warm glow; I pushed back the covers and helped her into her bed. She wouldn’t let me leave and insisted that I lay down with her.