Chapter 13

DOKTORIAN POV

“Alright, everyone get some sleep. We start at first light.” Thorin said.

“This should be fun.” Ali mumbled in my ear. I snorted and rolled over, tucking my arm under my head.

“Dok.”

“Yeah?” I said, drowsily.  Jay was crouched next to me.

“How are you and Dwalin doing? How’s he taking the whole fining out you’re his Claimer thing going?” Nosey, nosey, nosey!

“Well, thank you, now, sleep.” I grumbled rolling over. She flopped down next to me on the grass and fell asleep. Not being able to do so myself I stood up. My horse, Glory, was chewing happily on the grass next to Jay’s horse, Renegade. Glory was Renegade’s grandmother, his mother was the hose of Arigin’s mother, and she was turned loose when Ali’s father went mad and killed her and her daughter. I was glad, I hated her, and she was a terrible queen. It was I who let him into the castle, and that is why I am here. It took them a while to find out who did it. Three hundred years to be exact. I let it slip when I was talking in my sleep while in the infirmary for my head. It got split open mid turn during a fight in a bar. So I was unable to turn to heal it because I blacked out.

“Hello there Glory.” She had realized I was there and raised her head to greet me; she wrapped her neck over my shoulder like she was hugging me. I looked over her shoulder towards the fire. Dwalin was sound asleep leaning back against the large boulder that had rolled down from the mountains years ago. A small smile crept across my face. I watched as Bifur whittled away at a chunk of wood, making it into a figurine of some sort. Ali was on guard, after about ten minutes Bifur went to sleep and I headed back over towards the camp. I stopped and pulled Vivi’s blanket up over her shoulder, her arm was still bandaged but out of the sling. I went and sat on the other side of the fire from Ali. She sighed and looked down at the coals. She rolled her neck and got up. She was shaking violently.

“You gonna be ok?” I asked calmly.

“Yeah, I hope.” She retorted.

“Have you figured out how to dominate it? Yet?”

“No, Jay says she may know, but there’s no guarantee.” I nodded, pursing my lips.

“Any ways that you can think of?”

“I’ve tried everything I could think of, its only made it worse. I’m going to talk to Father sometime, see if he’s got any ideas other than torture.” I laughed a bit.

“Have you talked to them since you’ve been here?” She topped her pacing and looked at me.

“What?”

“You didn’t know they moved their base here?”

“No.”

“Oh, it must have happened about two thousand years ago or so.”