Chapter 41

VIVIANETTA POV

These Orcs were nothing like I had remembered them. These Orcs were much better fighters. Much crueler. And keeping ourselves alive was proving to be a task, even with the advantage of flight. I had seen Thorin and the rest of the Company, both ours and his, burst through the rubble that blocked the entrance to the mountain. I had los sight of them shortly after in the fray.

"Where is Ali?!" Kandi shouted narrowly escaping an arrow to the head.

"I don't know!" Jay hollered over the noise. "We lost her at the were-worms!"

"WERE-WORMS?!"

"Don't ask!" Phoniay snarled beheading an orc who had trapped an elf.

"Watchit!" I was tackled by Kros, her weight sending us over a small cliff in the valley.

"Ow." I groaned.

"Sorry."

"Look out!" I stuck my blade hilt deep into an orc just behind her.

"Even?"

"Even." We shook hands and leapt back into battle.

Emendusk was back to back with Baradok, both of which were engaged in blade on axe shoving matches with the Orcs.

"Faye!" I shouted, she ran at me. I cupped my hands around her foot, heaving her into the air she let out a nasty battle cry, ramming her through the head of both orcs battling Dusk and Bara. Jay and I teamed up shortly after, dodging several arrows and dealing as many fatal injuries as possible.

"A hand!" I threw a knife, taking out an orc and freeing up... hang on.

"Jarin?"

"Nope, Sadeon. DUCK!" We hit the ground. He stood firing his bow at the monstrosity that had attacked us.

"Good shot!"

"Jarin!"

"One your feet, up, up!"

"Serena you're left!" She dodged a mace, cleaving the monster's head with her axe.

"Have you seen your sister?" Jay called over her fight.

"Thought she was with you?" Sadeon held his shield up, taking a mace to the arm before wheeling around and kicking the orc in the jaw, beating it to death with his shield. "This is mahogany." Sadeon snarled at the corpse of his enemy.

"You dented it you idiot! Now I gotta make another one!" Jarin groaned, shoving an arrow through the eye socket of another orc.

***

JAYCEEAEL POV

It started like a burn in my chest, a searing pain that about turned my world black. Then an absence of all feeling together. I fell to my knees. The feeling left me breathless, slowly I turned towards Ravenhill, I'd heard Thorin say they were making their way there. They... Thorin, Dwalin, Kili, Fili.

Fili.

***

DOKTORIAN

Jayceeael let out the most hideous scream. A scream that paused the battle if but a moment. She darted forward, her wings unfolding behind her. I followed close behind. My love was up there too.

My path was hindered by the great flying bats. I battled my way through several of them before making a rough landing on the iced over river. I looked up, Jay was cradling him, whispering how she was going to save him, how he would be ok. How he would live. Her Fili choked, drowning oh-so-slowly as his lungs filled with blood, there was nothing she could do for him now.

I turned however, just in time to see the goblin filth raise his blade. Dwalin was occupied by a particularly nasty orc. He couldn't see it, the goblin. Before I could comprehend, I was flying forward.

I leapt before the blade. Letting out a wicked cry, I shouted as it sliced through me. An echoing thud was heard, but I didn't dare look. Wrestling the blade from the Goblin, I drove it through his skull, tossing him over the edge.

"Dok," I turned to see Dwalin eyeing my face. His eyes then turned down to his feet where it lay. It was odd, seeing it lying there on the ground, not attached. "Your wing." Something behind him caught my eye.

"Dwalin-" He turned in time to avoid the blow, but it hit me square in the chest. My armor stopped the arrow from hurting me, but it knocked my balance off. I gasped as I fell backwards over the edge.

"DOKTORIAN!"