Chapter NineTeen ;)

The Pantheon looked silently graceful in the moonlight. It stood there, as a reminder that Rome belongs to all.

“The cardinal air stars are right above us,” Sarah said, looking up.

“Let's see... no security guards. But the doors are closed. And the lock's from the inside,” James said in frustration.

“There's a way down,” Sarah winked.

“You're.. crazy.”

“Nope. Not at all. Just innovative.”

“You're suggesting we enter the Pantheon through the OCULUS?”

“Maybe.”

“That's a pretty good idea actually.”

Sarah searched the perimeter of the area.

“Here,” she said. “Look at these bricks jutting out of the back here.”

She pointed at the wall at the side of the entrance.

“Come on,” Michaelle said. “What are we waiting for?”

She started to climb the bricks.

“Hey!” James hissed. “Come back!”

Sarah followed her lead.

Valentino gazed lovingly at Michaelle. She looked like a goddess in the air above him, her chiffon sheer petal pink top billowing in the wind. She reminded him of Princess Jasmine. Maybe it was the harem pants of white silk. White silk?!

“Michaelle!” Valentino called after her. “Your pants might snag onto the bricks!”

Michaelle smirked.

Valentino followed, and eventually James did too.

After minutes of intense climbing, the four sat on the edge of the oculus and stared off into the city.

“Rome is so beautiful,” Sarah murmured into the night.

“I know,” Michaelle breathed. “Wow. I can't believe we're saving the world, guys.”

They sat there for a moment, looking over Rome, and time seemed to stop.

Valentino held Michaelle's hand and they smiled at each other.

Then Michaelle cleared her throat and slowly let go.

“We'd better keep moving,” she said with her eyes down.

“There are grooves around the dome. Let's try it.”

Sarah made her way down. She put her foot on the first groove.

Michaelle followed suit.

Then James and Valentino.

Sarah placed her foot on another platform. Then another. Suddenly, while finding the next step, she lost her footing.

James caught her as she gasped. The look in his eyes were reassuring and trustworthy.

She held on to him and smiled.

It felt so cool. They were saving the world!

Michaelle's hands felt the mini mosaics and the inscriptions around the rim of the dome.

“This is so beautiful.”

They climbed lower and lower. As they made their descent, Michaelle felt as though she was touching down on the moon.

“Wow.”

“Now... where would Galileo hide the symbol?”

“A golden line... gee I don't know.”