Chapter Three ;)

The flight to Zurich was long and uneventful. Well, except for the part when a bunch of the flight attendants kept bugging the girls.

“Uhhh!” Sarah groaned, “You all pretend to care and you all creep around and bother us! Geez!”

They all stopped reluctantly.

But then the male flight attendants started to sing like barbers in a chorus, having the whole first class turn to look as they did a musical number of “Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry.

It turns out she was on the plane too.

A taxi came to pick them up. A plump little old man stepped out.

“Good evening Ms. Livingston, Ms. Kings. I am Professor Johan Lajj. Hmm.. er, which one of you turned in the recommendations?”

Michaelle raised her hand. The plump old man shifted uncomfortably.

“Yes, well, the Institution has been closed due to forensic reasons. Er, sorry about that. We have booked your hotel and took care of all the lodging, courtesy of the Zurich metropolitan. So, um, without further ado..”

“I'm sorry? You said the Institute was closed due to forensic reasons?!” Michaelle asked.

“Did anything get stolen?” Sarah inquired.

Professor Lajj cleared his throat awkwardly and said, “We do not discuss our delicate situations with the public, let alone clueless interns such as yourselves. This case is confidential.”

Sarah blew out a frustrated mouthful of air. She stretched her arms and tied her hair up in a ponytail.

The professor stared at the back of her neck with awe and bewilderment.

“It can't be..” he gasped.

“What?”

“The White Rose.”

Professor Lajj gaped at Sarah and turned around himself, revealing the faded wrinkled white rose tatoo behind his collar, resting on the back of his neck like her's.

Sarah nodded. “We know about the Masonic World.”

Lajj looked at Michaelle, as if afraid to keep talking.

But she reassured him by exposing the dragon on her arm.

Lajj gasped.

“Yes.. of course... come with me. It is a pleasure to serve you both.”

“Does that mean we get to see the museum?”

“I am glad to welcome you to the museum. You seem to know what we are dealing with here.”

“Alright?” Sarah suppressed a tone of surprise.

They got into the taxi and Professor Lajj muttered the new directions to the driver.

“What exactly are you dealing with here?” Michaelle asked, her brow furrowed in concerned.

“Have your affiliations told you about the Enlightened Ones?”

“The Illuminated Ones you mean?”

“Sshhh!” the Professor warned. “Have they or have they not?”

“Of course. But how is that relevant?”

“You'll see, Americans,” Professor Lajj spoke in a soft tone, as if afraid. “You obviously know too much at what we're dealing with here.”