Chapter Four :)

The taxi parked in front of a modern building, with high class appearance. A glass wall had sterling silver letters: GENEVA ART INSTITUTION.

G.A.I. :)

The curator told them he'd have their stuff brought to the hotel immediately.

They walked up the polished steps.

“There are only a few of us in this world,” the professor said. “I can't afford to keep silent, especially when our whole being is in danger.”

The girls just nodded.

“As you should know,” Professor Lajj said, “our night guard Sylvester Haus was murdered last night. He was discovered with a brand on his neck.”

The old man brought out his phone and flipped through his pictures.

“Here.”

The picture was very grotesque. The night guard was sprawled on the floor, and on the back of his neck was a geometrical figure carved in. It was a circle with a line through it, and the circle was inscribed inside a triangle. The triangle was inscribed inside a square. It looked like the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows sign, except with a square around it.

“Oh my..” Sarah gasped.

Michaelle stared at the picture silently.

“Do you have any idea what this means?” the Professor asked.

“One,” Michaelle said, “But I'm not to sure.”

“Good afternoon,” said a lady in a heavily accented tone. “My greetings, Americans.” She was tall and large, with jewels and rings adorning her, making her look like a huge beetle.

“I am Madame Medea Olga,” she said, embracing them. “I am so grateful you decided to help!”

“What about the police authorities?” Michaelle asked.

The professor and Madame Olga had a sad look on their face.

“My dear,” she said, a shadow falling upon her face, “even with the police, you wouldn't know who's side they are on.”

They walked up to the front of the museum into the lobby, where a grand staircase welcomed them.

“What do you think was the objective of the intruders?” Sarah inquired.

“We don't know... but they stole the map of underground Rome. The hidden map of Galileo's forbidden lair when he hid from the Church.”

“THE Galileo?!”

“Why would you keep that here?”

“It's in a private vault where no one can go into. We don't know why that got stolen. The intruder used mercury and zinc residues to contaminate the iron lock.”

Sarah glanced at Michaelle. She looked at something no one else saw, analyzing to her fullest potential. Then Sarah remembered the body in the picture and felt bile rise in her throat. She hated dead bodies.

“What do you want us to do?” she asked.

“How about we track them down?” Michaelle nodded. Sarah felt like slapping her that very moment.

“Track them down! But how?!” the professor yelled at the absurdity.

“Well, we know where to start,” Michaelle said, twirling her dark curl. “Rome.”

“What does that imply?” Sarah shot at her partner.

“The Illuminated Ones want something that has to be in Rome.”

Sarah stared at Madame Olga for back-up. But instead she said,

“That makes perfect sense. Many of the Swiss guards recruited have been reported MISSING.”

Michaelle smiled and Sarah knew that a light bulb was lighting up.

“We'll help!” she said brightly.

“What do you mean 'we'?!” Sarah scoffed. “Michaelle, we don't even know what we're up against!”

“Come on, please Sare..”

She hated it when Michaelle called her Sare.

It meant she really wanted something.

“Alright. FINE.”

Madame Olga clapped her hands. “PERFECT! I'll call him over!”

“I'm sorry, but who?” Sarah asked.

Madame Olga grinned, showing gold teeth. “Why, the man who wants to work with you, of course.”