Chapter Thirteeeeeen :D

Valentino met up with them at the obelisk in the piazza.

“I'm sorry. That was my mother who called. She's coming to Rome tomorrow,” he said graciously.

He looked at Michaelle, who tried to avoid his gaze, but Valentino grinned when her caught her taking a swift glance.

“So what was that smart idea you had again?” Sarah asked.

Valentino scratched his cheek and looked around to see if anyone would eavesdrop.

“My idea is way too stupid. But it involves you, James.”

James stared at Valentino. “Alright. What is it?”

“How about you disguise as a Swiss Guard? There are like a thousand men, no one will notice.”

James thought for a moment. “Okay, dude, count me in.”

“So here's the plan,” Valentino explained. “I'll sneak you into the Vatican , telling the authorities that you're one of my new recruits. I'll lead you to the archives and then you can get the information you need... on Galileo, on that mark, you name it.”

“Right now?”

“Sure, if you want. It's all on you.”

“I have to wear the ugly costume?”

“Uh.. yes.”

“Alright dude. Let's go.”

….. <3

James came out of the Armour Truck with the Swiss Guard uniform.

Valentino followed him out.

“Stay here,” he said cautiously to James.

Valentino walked over to the Captain's office.

“Signore, that is Officer Luigi, one of my new recruits,” Valentino said, pointing at James.

“Where's he from?”

“Venice.”

…..<3

Farther away, James could see the men talking about him. Suddenly a girl with a silk shawl wrapped around her clung onto him. He looked into the lady's eyes. It was Sarah.

“James,” she wound her arms around his neck.

“Nice disguise,” he whispered, breathing her in.

He held her close to him and inhaled her lilac shampoo.

“You're okay James? Just promise me you won't get hurt,” she murmured into his chest.

“No promises,” he said softly, almost inaudible. The sun began to set, and Michaelle, in a shawl as well, grabbed Sarah and forced her into the Armour truck as it drove away.

…..<3

“Who was that?” the Captain demanded.

He was talking about the girl embracing the recruit.

Valentino cleared his throat.

“It's his sister, sir.”

The Captain raised an eyebrow in doubt, as if to say that he wasn't a moron.

“They're very close,” Valentino said again, smiling and blushing.

…..<3

After convincing the chief guard that “Luigi” was saying goodbye to his sister, Valentino and James went into the Vatican Library.