Chapter Seven :O

The dark hooded man walked through the winding streets of Rome.

There was an important meeting, and the leader summoned them all.

He ambled on until he reached a pub. The bartender already knew what to do with him.

He led him down several steps into a poker room.

There were other dark men waiting, sitting on ebony seats, and mashing up on the drug they called “hash-hash.” Back then, it was a customary practice for them, which earned them the title “Hash-hashin”. It later evolved into “Hassassin”, which is where the English word “assassin” takes root.

“Ah, Ares, such an honor. Welcome brother.”

A voice of greeting came from the shadows of the room.

Ares looked around the room. He saw 3 Swiss guards tied up in the corner, beaten, bruised, and blood dribbling down their chin.

“Hades, brother, you up-graded?”

A brown crooked smile shown upon Ares' face.

All the other men including Hades laughed, their voices evil and ready to kill. Hades spoke now, merry in his greedy eyes,

“As a matter of fact, yes. I have gathered you all tonight to request an upgrade with our forces. Remember when we sent Ares here to the Geneva Art Institute? Hmm.. yes, well, they want revenge.”

The whole room bellowed with laughter, with drinks smashing onto the floor.

“That's not all! They sent 2 American girls and a Swiss boy to come after us! Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!”

Amidst the laughter, Ares produced an overhead screen and plugged in his laptop.

The first picture was a beautiful girl with long brown hair.

The men laughed and one of them talked about future intentions.

The second picture was of an Asian chick with colorful quirky clothing teenagers nowadays where. She was flashing the peace sign at someone.

“There's sending a little girl to come after us guys!” the men doubled over.

The third was of a tall handsome boy with dark hair and a Roman nose.

He looked unsure of his actions.

The men jeered.

“Let's kill him first!”

“Break his nose and pop out his eyes!”

“Shoot his heart and cook it on a stake..”

“NOOOOO!”

The shriek came from one of the Swiss guards. He was handsome, and resembled the boy greatly. Except his nose was broken and his perfect porcelain skin was matted with blood.

“DON'T KILL HIM!” he yelled, “PLEASE! HE'S MY COUSIN!”

A smile played on Ares' face. He knew Hades was thinking the same exact thing.

The men laughed and cursed. The spat on the Swiss Guard.

“PLEASE!” he yelled. “Don't kill him! Kill me instead!”

Hades cackled and walked over to the handsome Swiss Guard.

For the first time, Hades stepped out of the shadows. Under the black hood was a scarred face, a blue eye and a plain white one. His skin looked as though it was sewn together.

“As you wish,” he sniggered.

He drew out a knife from his pocket. Then, with a swift movement, he sliced the skin under the eye.

Blood joined the tears of the brave Swiss Guard.

“Ares,” Hades chuckled, swallowing his withering black cigar.

“Take a picture. The Swiss detective will want to see this.”

Ares happily rubbed his bald head and took pictures of the agony of the Swiss Guard.

It gave the illusion that he was crying blood. Hades punched the Swiss Guard several times in the stomach, and the sick noises of belching and moaning grew thick in the stale air.

He then lifted his chin and murmured,

“It's a shame; you're so handsome.”

The evil man' s laugh carried out into the night, where morning would soon rise and he would continue to carry out his evil deed.