Chapter Two :D

Cafe in Washington D.C.... 9:28 A.M.

Sarah Livingston took a sip of her coffee and sighed. The drink on the other side of the table got cold. Michaelle was late. Again.

Sarah brushed off her silky brown hair, but what's the use? It still slithered back creeping over her shoulder.

She adjusted the gold bangle on her arm and looked out the window. She had a lot of things to do.. like that photographer portfolio project. Being a 21 year old girl had it's perks. But attending an elite college was probably on the bottom of the list.

A spring green vox wagon punch buggie swerved outside and skidded to a hault, attempting to parallel park.

A girl jumped out, dusted off her ruffled denim skirt, and ran into the cafe.

Michaelle Kings was as loose and carefree as the off shoulder blouses she wore.

She was Asian, with long wavy dark hair. She was tan and had a pixie-like body.

Sarah, in comparison, was tall, fair skinned, curvy, and Mediterranean. She had straight long auburn hair.

Sarah waved at Michaelle.

“Hey,” she said smiling.

“Hey! Look, I'm so sorry I was late. I had to send my recommendations to G.A.I.”

Sarah choked on her coffee. “Gay?” she spluttered.

Michaelle laughed. “No not GAY! G.A.I., the Geneva Art Institution!”

“Oh wow.”

“Ya. They said they'd call me as soon as possible. So how's your photography course?”

Sarah sighed. Juggling criminal justice, forensic science, fine arts, and photography was not easy. Michaelle got to pin down law, forensics, politics, art history, and photography while apprenticing for a fashion company. No wonder she was always a bubbly spaz.

“It's alright,” Sarah lied.

She was failing her finals because the sample she turned in was a picture of her and Michaelle from a photo booth.

“Hmmmp!” Michaelle scoffed. “You know last quarter I got a C- in law and my parents doubted my Japanese descent! Now they're having stupid DNA tests!”

Abiding by the Law was never Sarah or Michaelle's forte, but one thing was correct: Michaelle Kings is Japanese.

One thing was incorrect: Kings is not her real last name.

Both their families were from Masonic origins.

Sarah was from the Mediterranean-Israeli descent and Michaelle from the Oriental-Asian descent.

Sarah had a tatoo of a white rose on the back of her neck. The white rose was an affiliation her ancestors used for centuries. They traveled to America with General Lancaster, establishing Philadelphia.

Most of the U.S. Presidents were part of the White Rose.

Michaelle was from a group called the Silver Dragon, with a tatoo of a Chinese dragon spiraling along the side of her right arm.

Sarah sprang back to reality and saw Michaelle talking to someone on the phone.

“Excuse Me?!” She listened intently to someone on the other line. There was a long period of silence when Michaelle's eyes widened. She hung up and smiled at Sarah.

“Pack your stuff. We're leaving for Zurich tonight.”