Chapter 18 ^_^

“'Knew the path like behind my hand.' What the heck's THAT supposed to mean?!”

Sarah shook her head from side to side.

They were still at the entrance to the Colosseum.

Sarah held her foot in pain. Wearing 5 inch heels to the Colosseum's catacombs was a no-no.

James saw her wincing in pain.

“Why don't we go to the hotel first and then we'll think about where to go,” he said tenderly.

“But we're still gonna continue tonight,” Sarah said to him. “We have to.”

He nodded.

They drove back to the hotel and the girls changed their clothes. Sarah removed her heels and tube top and wore a white dress and brown boots. She put on a denim jacket. Michaelle changed into a soft pink chiffon sheer top and replaced her fishnets with soft silk white harem pants with glossy pale light pink flats.

James rubbed his temples in frustration.

“Quit taking your time!” he growled at her.

Michaelle twirled her hair and said with more attitude than a black woman at the market, “ROME is THE place for FASHION!”

James held in his temper and sighed, changing the subject.

“Fine. Where do we go NOW?”

“Look for cardinal air sign constellations,” Michaelle suggested haughty.

Sarah sniggered and got out her iPad. She held it up and searched the sky.

“Air should be associated to the north region, shouldn't it?” Valentino asked. “Because, well... air is elevated so... try north?”

Sarah tilted her iPad to the north.

“Okay. I got Gemini. There's Libra. And Aquarius. Yup. They all lie in the north.”

Valentino smiled, pleased with himself.

“How is that?” James asked. “How the stars never change? How the skies stay the same?”

“I don't know. But as I said... Rome is the center of the world,” Valentino answered.

“I get it,” Michaelle laughed. “All roads lead to ROME!”

“Exactly.”

“So these constellations,” Sarah said. “Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius... they're exactly 180 degrees north. Maybe about like 2-5 miles from the Vatican.”

“The Pantheon is about that distance,” Valentino said.

“The Pantheon,” James repeated. “But how does that relate to 'knew the path like behind my hand'?”

“I don't know,” Michaelle said. “But it kinda would make sense. I mean, it has an open dome, the oculus, letting in air and light.”

“Yeah. And it was built to honor the gods and goddesses.”

“It's also geometrical and symmetrical.”

“Guys, come on. Can't we just rest?” Raoule groaned.

James looked at him like he covered this discussion already.

“I get that. But 'knew the path like behind my hand?”

“Maybe if Galileo put his hand vertical in front of him, the Pantheon would be symmetrically and geometrically flawless,” Michaelle suggested with an innocent shrug.

James, Sarah, and Valentino looked at her, obviously starstruck.

“Have I ever told you that you are THE brightest girl I've met?” Valentino beamed.

“You might have mentioned it,” Michaelle grinned sheepishly.

James shook his head.

“Alright, whatever she's brilliant, I don't care! Let's go!”