21| the sacrifice

Elena sat on the dirt, Jenna laying beside her. Tears clouded Elena's vision, she sniffles slightly waiting for Jenna to wake up. Klaus had gotten to Jenna, he drew her out of the house and force fed her his blood. Now, Jenna is a vampire. Elena couldn't help but blame herself, this was all her fault. She was the reason Jenna was turned and now being used in a sacrifice.

Elena's attention was brought back to Jenna who woke with a gasp. Jenna panicked backing away from Elena, her hair wiped violently from the wind and her tears were dry. Her emotions were heightened from the transition.

"What's going on? Where am I? What happened?" Jenna stumbled over her words, not knowing her surroundings.

"Jenna," Elena chocked, her shaky hands covering her mouth.

They made eye contact. Jenna furrowed her eyebrows, her eyes focusing on the dirt as she remembered the last thing that happened. "I-I was at home. You-You called me, you sounded scared. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire."

"Jenna, do you remember when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?"

She nods slowly, "Yeah, if someone dies with vampire blood in their system.." her mouth fell open, "I-I'm dead."

"Jenna, listen to me." Elena leaned in, "Everything's going to be okay. I'm going to get you out of here."

"I'm a vampire!?" Jenna exclaimed, still in shock.

"And I bet you're hungry." Greta spoke, walking up to the two girls. She watched as Elena jumped for a rock, but with ease Greta sent the doppelgänger flying back with just a flick of her hand. And with another stride of her hand, a ring of fire surrounded Elena.

Elena gasped backing into the middle of the circle away from the high burning flames

Elena gasped backing into the middle of the circle away from the high burning flames. "Greta, please, just-- just let her go!" Elena pled. Her eyes widen watching the witch take the rock and cut her wrist.

"Klaus chose her." Greta stated, shoving her wrist into Jenna's mouth making her give into her thirst.

"No!"

_____

Cassie walked sluggish toward the couch. She struggled taking her jacket off, just feeling the need to collapse. She can feel the bite spreading and the fever was only adding to the pain. It was her first time sick in 145 years.

She listened to heavy footsteps approaching. Damon walked over to the bar pouring a drink. He watched his sister intently, noticing the bite's symptoms already showing. He remembered what happened to Rose – she got sick, she lost her mind, and she died.