18| know thy enemy

Cassie ran her fingers through her curls as she ran down the stairs, she caught a glimpse of Stefan by the front door

Cassie ran her fingers through her curls as she ran down the stairs, she caught a glimpse of Stefan by the front door. "Stef!" Cassie called out, "Where are you heading?"

He turned around looking at Cassie in confusion. "I thought you were at Elena's already?"

"Why would you think that?" Cassie frowned, crossing her arms. She hadn't talked to Elena since the night before, not because of any certain reason just because they were busy finding a way to keep Klaus from coming to town and from sacrificing Elena.

"She called me wanting me to go over. Isobel just showed up at their front door last night. I'm going to see what she wants." Stefan explained.

Cassie narrowed her eyebrows at her twin brother, wondering why her girlfriend called him and not her. Before Cassie could respond Stefan had left house in a hurry.

"Ouch."

Cassie rolled her eyes turning around being greeted by Katherine. "Your girlfriend calling her ex-boyfriend for comfort? That must bother you." Katherine continued.

"They're friends, Katherine." Cassie denied, walking past the doppelganger.

"Friends who use to be in love." She smirked, "Kinda like us.."
___

"Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that words gotten out about the doppelganger?" Elena asked, looking between Stefan, Cassie and Damon. They sat in the Salvatore boarding house, thinking up a new plan with Isobel's sudden arrival in town, claiming she can keep Elena safe from Klaus.

"Look, I don't trust a word that she says." Stefan sighed, taking a seat next to Elena.

Cassie narrowed her eyes at the little space between Elena and Stefan. She ignored the jealousy she was feeling as she voiced her opinion. "Well, I think that we shouldn't ignore it. It is possible that people may now know of Elena's exists because of how many times she has tried to give herself up to vampires."

Elena frowned, was that a jab at me? She studied Cassie's facial expressions but Cassie just looked away.

Stefan cleared his throat looking between Elena and Cassie. "You should just stay here." Stefan offered, "It's better for us to keep an eye on you."

"Yes. Great idea, Stefan." Cassie spoke sarcastically, "Let's put her in the house where any vampire can enter."

"Are you mad at me or something, Cassie?" Stefan confronted.

Damon sighed annoyed with their bickering. "Fine. Then just stay at her house, keep an eye on her there." "So is that the plan? You guys never let me out of your sight again? Fine. Then one of you bodyguards are gonna have to come with me to the Lockwood lunchon." Elena explained.

"I can." Stefan smiled.

Damon looked over at Cassie who looked like she was going to tear Stefan's head off. "Cas, you can help me with witch stuff with Bonnie."