7| there's no peace

{not edited}

3rd person point of view

Stefan walked up to Mason who was helping out with the founders fundraiser.

"Stefan, right? The other Salvatore." Mason set the box down looking at the vampire. "One of the nice ones." Stefan stated trying to make peace with the werewolf, "The one offering an apology."

Mason shook his head disagreeing, "Not interested." "Look my siblings acted impulsively–" Mason cut Stefan off, "You think?"

"If you and my siblings keep at each other's throats somebody innocent is going to get hurt, and I don't want that. And you have family here, so I can't imagine you'd want that, either. So what do you say we just quit the whole alpha male fighting thing? Just call a truce."

"I made that same offer to your brother and sister, they turned it down. With a knife." Mason stated. "They made a mistake. I'm here to make sure no one else makes another." Stefan argued.

"Tell them to watch their backs." Mason threatened as he picked up the box going to walk away but Stefan grabbed his arm, "Well, I'm guessing that they only have to worry about that during a full moon. Otherwise, you're not as strong. Am I right? Or you would have killed Cassie and Damon by now. There's one of you and three of us. I think you're the one that needs to his back."

Mason sighed knowing that he wasn't strong enough, "If they come at me–" "They won't." Mason walked away after shaking on it with Stefan just in time for Damon and Cassie to walk up,

"What are you doing?" Damon questioned. "Negotiating peace on your guys behalf." "We don't want peace!" Cassie whined, Stefan shrugged not really caring, "Consider it Opposite Day."

   "Please tell me you don't seriously think a handshake just solved our problem?"
Damon sighed staring at his younger brother. "I think the first time Mason gets, he's gonna drive a stake through your heart and then through Cassie's then mine because of your choice to go after him, so thanks." Stefan said walking away from the two,

"Do you think he's still mad at me for trying to kiss Elena?" Cassie wondered out loud watching her twin walk away, "Yeah he's still mad, and new gossip for you, little sister. They broke up." Damon informed walking away.
_____

"Thanks Mason." Liz smiled as Mason put the rest of the boxes down for her, "Hey sherif you got a second?" Mason asked, Liz nodded, "I'm out the uniform. Let's go with Liz." "Alright, Liz. I was hoping to talk to you about the council."

Liz shook her head, "I don't know what you're talking about." She lied knowing the rules were you can't talk about the founders council and what they do. Mason followed after her, "I know you and the other founding families have a secret council." She sighed before speaking, "If that were true then you know it's a secret and isn't discussed with non-council members."

"I know I rejected all that, but It's only because I wanted a life outside of this town, not because I was a non-believer. Look, I know vampires exist and you have three of them living right under your nose." Mason explained catching Liz's attention, "Really?" She questioned, "Who would they be?"

Mason looked behind Liz not to far away stood the Salvatore siblings, "Damon, Stefan and Cassie Salvatore."

Liz denied, "That's impossible. I know Damon Salvatore. Do you know what he's done for this town?" "I know it's a lot of digest–" "No. I have watched him kill vampires. He's an ally, he's part of the council." Mason sighed, "Think about it! When did the vampire attacks begin? When the Salvatore's moved back to town?"