No Shit

{Pic is the rooftop}

Jackson's POV

"So? Is it something urgent?" I ask Alicia who keeps looking at me and playing with her fingers.

We are now in the rooftop and there's nobody else here except me and Alicia, considering we skipped class, that's why there's no one here.

"Yes." Alicia is still looking at me while playing with her fingers. She seems nervous, but I don't know what makes her nervous.

"Ali, if it's about us, you know you-"

"No, it's not." She stops me.

Looks like I'm misunderstood.

When Alicia asked me if we could talk, I can't lie but hope that she wanted to talk about us. I know that she doesn't like me in that way, but is it so hard for her to at least give me a chance? Even if she's with Mark now.

"Okay, so what do you want to talk about?" I finally said.

I take my hands to my jeans pocket, things that I usually do when I'm not in the mood or when I want to get away from the situation as soon as possible. Clearly, I'm not in the mood because I just can't stop thinking about Alicia with Mark. Like it's hurting me but I can't do anything about it.

Alicia didn't say anything. She keeps looking at me like she's about to say something but nothing comes out from her mouth.

"I know that we still have 40 minutes left but don't you think you want to start talking by now? Because it looks like you have a lot to say." I say.

"Jackson, please don't take this in a wrong way." She says.

Is she going to tell me that she's dating Mark? Is she going to do that right now, right in front of my face? Because honestly I don't need that. Doesn't she know that boys have feelings too? Doesn't she know-

"I wanna help you." She continues, snapping me out from my thoughts.

What is she talking about?

"What are you talking about?" I say, furrowing my eyebrow.

"I wanna help you, I know that this is not my business, not my problem, but if I can't be a girlfriend for you, then I can at least be a good friend for you." She says, but that's not answering my question.

"I don't get it." I say.

"Jackson, I know about Jess."

I feel like someone just stabbed my heart with a knife.

Questions are all over my head but I can't seem to ask it out loud.

How did she find out about Jess? Did Belle tell her? What did she think about it? She knew my dark secret. She said she wanted to help, but how in the hell is she going to help me?

"And I want to help you." she continues, again with the 'help' word.

I ran my fingers to my hair, feeling fucking frustrated.

"Let me help you."

I laugh at her words, "You don't understand."

"Jackson, I know that you have a lot of questions on your mind about how did I find out, and how am I going to help you, but I need you to trust me now. All I want to do is to help you. We are friends, right?" she says, taking one step closer to me.