Realization

Alicia's POV

"Thunders..." I call Mark after a minute of silence.

I just want to forget about what happened today. There's nothing I can do about it, all I can do right now is to move on.

I don't even want to think about Jackson's question anymore, thinking about it makes me want to escape from reality, I don't want to hurt him. All I want is to be a good friend for him and help him so he can tell Mark and the others the truth about the accident. Yes, that's still my main mission, don't ever forget that.

"Hm?" Mark turns his head to me.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask, part of me hopes that he would say yes, as much as I want to deny it, I can't deny the fact that I need someone to watch a movie with me, even if it's only for watching a movie together, I still need someone to accompany me.

"Sure, what do you want to watch?" he asks.

"Karate Kid." I say. Of course, I choose that movie, it's one of my all time favorite movies. Whenever I'm sad, I always watch that movie, I don't know why, I guess it helps me forgetting all the things that happened.

"Okay, let me bring snacks." He says, making me turn my head to him.

"It's not even your house." I say, looking confused because Mark looks so comfortable in my house.

"From now on, this is gonna be my second house. Of course, only when your parents aren't home." he says, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes, "I hope you meet my dad."

My dad is quite protective over me, maybe because I'm his only child and I'm a girl. Although, he seems busy and always come home really late, I know that he always come to my room every night to check if I'm already asleep or not. I once caught him kissed my forehead and whispered 'goodnight' but I didn't open my eyes, I just smiled to his words and sleep.

"How about your mom?" Mark asks all of a sudden.

"Oh don't even ask about her, she likes you." I say without realizing what did I just say.

Mark looks at me with a confused expression, "your mom knows about me?"

"Well..." I see him smirking and rolled my eyes at him, "if you think I'm telling my mom about you then you're wrong. There's no way I would tell my mom about you."

I didn't lie, I wouldn't tell my mom that Mark is a bad boy, my mom likes him because she thinks 'he's hot' and I'll just let her know him as a good boy, I mean, she didn't ask about it though so why do I bother?

Mark puts his hand to his chest, showing his fake hurt expression, "Ouch, why not princess?" here we go again.

"Maybe because you're not worth my time." I shrug, didn't mean it at all.

It's just that some part of me feels comfortable everytime I'm around Mark. Like I can say anything that I want and I can do anything that I want. But still, I need to admit that sometimes my heart beats so fast whenever I'm around him, but I guess, it doesn't mean anything? Let's just hope so.

"Says the one who asked me if I wanted to watch a movie with her." He replies.

"Oh whatever, just go grab the snacks." I say and just like that he headed to the kitchen and grab some food.

•••

Mark's POV

I yawned and stretched my arms. This movie is so boring, why does Alicia want to watch this?