I have a boyfriend

Present 

Mark's POV 

"Then how about Jess? Was she mine or yours?" Jackson asks me with a challenging look, making me look at him like he just lost his mind. 

I've never ever claimed Jess as mine, never. I even told Jess that I just confessed my feelings to her doesn't mean that I needed an answer. I just told her and that's it. 

"I've never claimed her as mine." I say, still looking at him with a straight face. 

"You were about to steal her from me, Mark." Jackson says, he's giving me an upset look. 

"I wasn't, okay! Keep telling yourself that, but deep down I know that you know it's not true!" I yell at Jackson and left him, heading to my own room. I'm so sick of him saying that I was going to steal Jess from him. I've never had any intention to do that. 

I know how much she loved Jackson. I know how much Jackson loved Jess, even after we fought about it, I know that Jackson felt hurt because he thought I betrayed him, but didn't he know that I felt hurt too because he told me that I don't deserve her? I do know about that very clearly, he didn't need to throw it in front of my face though, but instead, he chose a fight with me. 

The only person that I thought I could trust and will always be there for me has gone that night. 

It wouldn't be a big deal if Jackson didn't lock up himself in his room for like 2 weeks or maybe more. 

  •••  

Throwback - a year ago  

I remember that we fought a night before I found out that Jess died in a car accident. I remember when I asked Jackson where was he going and he didn't reply my question, instead, we had a fight about Jess. And that's where it all begins. 

I didn't know where was he going that night. But I heard that Jess was in a car accident all alone, does that mean he's not with her that night? I don't know about that either. 

Ironically, I found out about it from my friend who happened to go to the same school as Jess. My friend posted a picture of him and a girl that I assumed is Jess, with a "goodbye my friend, see you in heaven, little angel." as a caption. At first, I tried to deny the fact that it's Jess in the photo. I tried to tell myself that it's a mistake. So I called my friend, and that's how I know the whole story. At least, that's what he said about the accident though. 

After had a call with my friend, I quickly went to Jackson's room and turned the door knob, but it seemed like he locked it up. I knocked so many times and called his name over and over again, I don't care that we had a fight yesterday, all I wanted to know right now is his condition. He didn't answer me at all, it's just silent. I tried calling his name again, but still, he wasn't answering me. As much as I want to hide the news from him, I knew that I'm too late, I knew that he has heard the news already, so I stopped. 

He had been locking himself up for like 2 weeks now. And this 2 weeks, I've stopped calling his name, I've stopped knocking the door, I've stopped telling him to come out from his room because I know that Jess wouldn't like it. I just stopped. I know that all he needed is time, so I'll just give him time. 

Day by day, Jackson started to come out from his room, but he still didn't want to talk to me. He just came out from his room to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Other than that, he decided to lock himself up on his room. I tried to talk to him, just to ask how was his condition, but he ignored me, it's like he pushed me away from him.