† Chapter 6 †

~Zero Kiryu's Point of View~

.

It was another of those sleepless nights while guarding the school against those rule breakers. "Nii-san, Dad is calling both of us to his office" said my twin brother, Ichiru "It's something about the Vampire Hunter's Association"

"Let's go" I replied with my unusual cold-hearted voice when suddenly, I fell down on my knees while clutching my chest in pain. I was like that a few moments before I finally recovered while breathing heavily. Ichiru kneeled down and helped me get up.

"It's that curse, right??" he asked full of worry "I'm sorry, nii-san..."

.

It was actually 4 years ago when our parents died and were killed by a pureblood vampire. Sensei and Haruka, the pureblood king, came in time to rescue us and kill that pureblood vampire. However, the woman jumped and tried to bite Ichiru. I pushed him out of the was and in the end, I was the one bitten. Not him.

A few days later, we were adopted by Kaien Cross and later attended Cross Academy as a student. Though I was forced since Ichiru kept on pleading me to attend with him, we were both still lucky to survive that murder incident.

Since then, we trained our hardest to become vampire hunters just like our late parents did. In the end, we both became the only Prefects of the school - or rather the school's guardians - to protect humans against those bloodsucking creatures.

.

I looked around the grounds from the roof top of the north building again before I caught sight of a girl with long silver hair in a Night Class uniform. 'Another bloodsucking rule breaker beast' I thought "Just a minute Ichiru, I'll go there later"

"Wait! Nii-san!" was his last protest before I hopped down and landing on solid ground. When I got a closer look from the girl, I recognized her that she was that freshman whom I helped carry her luggage a week ago.

She knelt on the ground near the pool in the middle of the east and north building and I saw depression on her eyes. I was surprised when suddenly felt a murderous aura surrounding her and by instinct, I hid myself on a near wall and peeked to listen to her.

"VAMPIRES! HUMANS! THEY ARE ALL THE SAME! MAKING YOU TRUST EVERYTHING TO THEM BUT IN THE END, ALL OF IT WAS ALL JUST A LIE!" she sreamed "Poor, Senshi dear... Have you had enough already?? Have you forgotten everything they have done to you??"

She cooed, watching her reflection at the pool. "Don't worry..." she said as a single tear escaped her eye "Nee-chan will never let anyone hurt you... Let nee-chan bear all the pain for you"

I was left confused, not understanding what she's saying. "Peeking, aren't we?" I was startled when a sudden malicious voice spoke right behind me. I turned to see whose owner of that voice was and my eyes went wide when I realized it was that same girl I was observing by the pool earlier.

I turned my head back to "her" near the pool but she wasn't there anymore and slowly turned back to her behind me again. A chill ran down my spine as she made a malicious smile and her eyes are a glowing purple cat-like slits which I haven't seen before.

"Scared?" and her smile went wider. Just then, a katana came across her neck ready to slit her throat.

"Ditching class is against the rules" the owner of the katana, which was Ichiru, said in a cold voice. It was his usual traits when it's already night.

"I'm sorry" she said in her soft-warm voice and what's confusing is that her eyes are now a familiar garnet color "I was walking around grounds to clear my head... I just have... issues"