Chapter 11

I skipped class for the first time and walked all the way to Zero's dorm room. I'm really worried about him since Ichiru told me that he isolated himself from anyone. "Zero??" I knocked on his door and the moment he opened it and sees me, he suddenly closed it.

As idiot as I am, I instinctively used my hand to stop the door from closing but I was too late and my hand got crushed. "WAAAHHHH!!" I gritted my teeth, jumping in pain while rubbing my abused hand.

"S-sorry!!" Zero panicked, taking a look at my now swelling hand. He clicked his tongue and lead me inside his room, making me sit on his bed. His room was surprisingly clean for a guy unlike mine.

He took a pack of ice from the mini fridge and used it for cold compress. "Does it still hurt??" he asked and I shook my head. We stayed silence for a while until Zero spoke, breaking the awkward atmosphere about his first time meeting a Level E.

It was a traumatizing event for both him and Ichiru when how they stoped Yagari from killing that school nurse and losing the guy's eye in th process for protecting the him and Ichiru.

"I was so naive that time and I regret ever making that move" he said "which is why I already knew that sooner or later, I will become like that woman and loose my humanity..."

"That's not true Zero!! And stop being coward!!" I hollered "Think about Ichiru, think about your the chairman, your Sensei!! Think about me!! Aren't we friends?!! Are you gonna throw everything away and give everything up---?!!"

I was cut off when Zero suddenly pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry..." he said "I'm just... scared... and become something... I don't want to be..."

"Zero... you..." I gasped but he let me go and turned his back on me. He tried to avoid eye contact but I stubbornly took his hand and led him to another room. "Senshi..??" he asked confused.

"No one would find us here" I said as I took off my blazer "please continue what we were doing yesterday... I've finally thought of the only thing that I can do"

"Senshi... what are you saying??"

"What I'm saying is drink my blood to stop your thrist..." I hugged him and I can see how he is in pain of what I am saying "...even if it's temporary"

"Stop this Senshi..." he breathed as he hugged me back tightly "I can't forgive myself if I hurt you again"

"I know..." I said "and I've already given it a lot of thought... so please..."

That night, Zero kept saying sorry as his eyes glow to a familiar crimson like a vampire in hunt. Fangs grew from his upper lip and just like the first night that he feed from me, the sound of when he suck my blood rang in my ears.

I closed my eyes as his held on me tighten, forcefully tilting my head to the side to get more access and feed more from me. "I'm sorry, Ichiru..." I thought "that Zero and I did something unforgivable..."

.

------------------------------

.

"Senshi, where have you've been?? I wanna talk to you about the---" Kain stopped the moment he looked at me "Let me help you get to your room... Get some rest and I'll just inform Kaname that you need it"

I nodded and thanked him. He must have noticed how unusually pale I am but he never said or asked anything. I just wished that he won't notice the plaster on my neck that I tried to hide behind the scarf Zero gave me.

.

Flashback...

.

I've felt like my life is slowly fading from me until Zero gently let me go. He leaned back on the wall for support as he gasped for breath. "Zero... Are you alright??"