† Chapter 7 †

It has been a week since I started having those nightmare and flashes of memories before me. True I always had nightmares before but not like this. The more the days past, the more it seems so... realistic. Not to mention the fact that I lost consciousness at Ichijo's birthday party last night.

Aidou kept asking me what happened but no matter what I do... I can't seem to remember anything... I don't why and I don't what happened. It was as is it was erased. And now, it keeps bothering me ever more ever since I started attending Cross Academy.

I stood up and reach for my ethics book on the bedside table. Unfortunately, I accidentally held on my mom's notebook under my book, causing it to fall on the ground. It didn't opened like usual. It seems like mom put a spell on it to not be open no matter what.

I can just throw it away since it's old and unusable anymore. But somehow, I just can't. I picked it up and suddenly, a photo slipped. I picked it up and I took a look at the somewhat familiar man with heterochromatic eyes on the picture together with a younger me, smiling happily---

.

"Dad!! Look!!" I smiled, handling him an anemone flower that I found on the garden bed. He smiled and took the flower, placing it behind my ear and complementing me of my beauty.

.

It was the first time I saw this picture and also the first time I saw something pleasant. Could it be that I lost my memories before?? I asked myself, wondering before I put it inside my pocket and finally leaving for the door.

.

-------------------------------

.

"Why does your brother hated vampires so much??" I asked Ichiru "Are we really THAT bad??"

"Hmmm... Maybe"

I poker faced at him. I don't know why but whenever I tried to open a topic about Zero, Ichiru seemed so aloof. He never say anything. Even their last names. I know that their father is the school Chairman, Kaien Cross, but he never tell me anything even if we're dating now.

Could it be that their parents divorced and they adapted their mom's maiden name?? You know?? Like she left them or something which is why they were like this?? But how about me?? I grew up in a harshful life but not once did my heart turned cold as ice like that. That's unfair.

"I hate him" I said out of the blue making Ichiru raise his eyebrows "Why can't he just be happy, accept fate and move on?? It's not like the end of the world"

"Excuse me??" Ichiru said "My brother's been through a lot"

"So what?!" I hollered "I've been through worst but did I complain?? Noooo... Instead I became happy!! Your father's a really nice guy!! Why can't he just be happy life everybody else?!"

"He can't... He just can't"

"Then he doesn't know how good life is!! Life is full of---"

"I don't care" he said, ruffling his hair in frustration "...I have to go..."

"You're trying to run away again, Ichiru!!"

"No!! It's just... it's different, okay... and---"

"And I have nothing to do with it?!"

"It's not that---"

"Yes it's that!! Your brother is just a pathetic excuse for a loser who's afraid of everything!!"

"You don't know him, Senshi!!"

"Yes I know!! Just look at him!! He's---"

"DON'T YOU DARE CONTINUE THAT LINE!! IT'S MY BROTHER WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE---!!"