† Prologue †

~Haruka Kuran's Point of View~

.

It was a very cold winter night and inside of a 5 star restaurant, I was sitting comfortable in a lounge near the window. While drinking a glass of red wine, I watched the snow falls and people running outside the window as I wait for a close friend of mine. "Is there anyone sitting here?" she said, making me smile and shook my head 'No'.

"Can I sit here and share the table with you? There's no available table anymore and I'm really hungry... Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssse...." She begged with praying arms. I chuckled at how funny she looked and gestured her 'Yes' even though we knew each other for more than 2,000 years.

She quickly sat down and called the waiter to take her order. She didn't even bother to look at the menu since we always meet here while I just quietly observed her. Her name was Yui Mizuki. She has silver white hair above shoulder level, ice blue colored eyes and snow-white skin.

She was an close acquaintance of mine since years back when we fought each other. She was an excellent fighter and a very wise young woman that she threw away her sword and offered an alliance with me.

I laughed at the memory. Just like when I first met her, she wore the same white traditional Japanese kimono and a Katana around with her, which I find really rare nowadays. May God and Juri forgive me, but I always find this girl beautiful and charming in a special kind of way.

"How have you've been these past years, Haruka-san~?!" I was startled when she suddenly cheered. She just finished her orders. It took a while before I could respond "Fine... Kind of"

"Tell me later" she said with a huge grin plastered on her face. The waiter finally came and it shocked me when he served her 10 large dishes, a bottomless iced tea and 4 deserts.

"Can you really eat all of that? You've got quite an appetite"

"Why thank you! I appreciate your compliment~!"

"That's not a compliment"

"Oh okay... Itadakimasu~!" She started eating and after a while... She really did finish it all...

.

-----------------------------

.

"Really... Just how big exactly is your stomach? Do you ever get full?" I asked her while she is eating a bowl of ice cream.

.

*Thinking*

.

"? ? ?"

.

"I don't know"

.

*FACE BANG ON THE TABLE*

.

'Is this girl really stupid or what?!' There was an awkward silence. She broke it off with a giggle and I chuckled looking at her and later we both laugh out loud. I didn't realize that I have forgotten how bad I felt a while ago. Something she can always do whenever I'm troubled.

.

I actually had a fight with my wife, Juri, awhile ago before I got here in the restaurant. I was left at home to take care of my daughter Yuki. She just turned 2 and Juri went out together with Kaname to buy a cake for her. And just as I took my eyes out of her; the curious little daughter of mine reached and grabbed the pot holder under the pot with boiling water on the table and pulled it recklessly.