† Chapter 5 †

"You okay??" Shiki asked me, seeing that I seemed to be too lost in my thoughts. He was about to ask me again when I suddenly panicked about what will I do when I cross paths with Ichiru again and everything. Like who wouldn't?? I just suddenly knew that my first ever friend here in Cross Academy is actually in love with me!! Nice right?? Very nice...

He just sighed and passed me a glass of water that the maid brought us. All of us were in the lobby for our dinner, or rather breakfast since it's already day break. Everyone put blood tablets in the glass and the water in it turns pink while some were red because of the large amount of blood tablets they put inside the glass.

.

"Care to drink... My little child" the man bare his fangs, forcing me to drink the glass of blood in his hands "Come on... Just.. Try.. IT!!"

He yanked my face by the jaw and started force-feeding me. I cried, my face painted with pure terror with the wall painted red and corpses everywhere in the background, matching my horror...

.

"Ugh... I'm gonna be sick" I said, feeling like I'll vomit at the sight of them drinking their instant blood. Little by little, I moved, staying away from them. I don't really understand why I don't like drinking blood and prefer eating human food. It just seems... Unnatural for me... So instead, I drank my glass of pure water.

"Are you really a vampire?" Shiki asked me out of the blue and everyone looked at me suspiciously. In order to prove it, I took off my glasses and opened my mouth. Just as I did so, my eyes glow crimson red and my fangs grew. Everyone was stunned, sighing in relief that I'm actually a vampire. If that's right.

"Believe me now?" I said.

"Y-yeah... It's just that... You don't act like one" stuttered Ichijo. Every one agreed to him except for Kaname, Aidou. When I looked at them, I saw Aidou narrowed his eyes at me in his real vampire self while the pureblood furrowed but kept his gaze on me, still drinking his instant blood. I shrugged, before excusing myself to bed.

.

-------------------------------

.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" I screamed in pure agony, clutching at the black chains that bounds my arms tightly to either side of the wall. Another piercing scream came out of me as river of tears came flowing down my face.

I panted, enjoying the 3 seconds rest before the hellish pain that the whip of chains came in contact to my back again. I was in a room. A dark room similar to a dungeon. I breathed heavily as the screaming pains I received from being tortured and the punishment I am receiving gave me a good view of what hell looks like.

"Did you enjoy it, my little child??" the man asked, licking the blood from my head wound off of my face. The endless torture finally stopped and I breathe heavily, having a hard time because of my broken ribs. I cried, feeling broken, so exhausted, tired and I feel like losing hope.

I looked at my body. My face was painted with pure horror at the sight of my broken body. Open wounds and dark purple bruises are everywhere. There were also marks where my bones have been broken. My ankle is swollen and bruised badly as well.

The bone had popped out of its joint while my foot is slightly away from the bone, giving me the inability to run and the fact that I never had any food these past three days is killing me. "Please" my voice broke as I cry "...N....o..... m....ore..."

"What?? More??" the man laughed maniacally "Don't worry... There's something more where I came from"

.

WHIP!!

.

.

.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" I woke up in my bed, completely terrified with beads of cold sweat rolling down my face as I breathing heavily. Slowly, I fell back down the bed wondering what kind of dream is that. I can't imagine myself being tortured like hell.

I held myself tightly, the fresh memories of the gruesome torture still haunts me. I shiver in fright in what might happen to me if ever it were to happen to me in real life. I just can't... I'm too scared---

.

CRACK!!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" I let out a loud piercing cry, feeling hell when my right leg broke from the impact when the man stepped on it.

"That's what you get for running away from me!!" another step on my left leg.

CRACK!!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

.

I gasped in shock and shiver violently. I held my body closer--- "Don't be afraid... I'm here for you"

.

Ba-thump!!

.

"Izuo, are you alright?!" I jumped when someone suddenly knocked on my door, bringing me back to reality.

.

KNOCK!! KNOCK!!

.

I heard Kaname knocking, asking if something was wrong. I went towards the door and opened it. "I heard you screaming" he said "Is something wrong??"

"No worries, I'm good" I smiled tiredly "I just had a nightmare, that's all"

He asked me again if I was alright and I assured him that it was just a nightmare and everything is fine. He nodded and told me to tell him if ever there was something bothering me before leaving back to his room.

Now it makes me wonder. Ever since I came here, I have been having this flash of memories that I didn't know where it came from. I sighed and decided to go out for a fresh air. I took out my coat and walk out the cold moon light night---

.

"Don't cry... My little child" the man grinned, bearing his fangs for me to see "It'll be over soon...

.

My eyes widened, catching a glimpse of a memory of the man who's been haunting me in my mind and in my dreams. I don't know who he is and I know it never happens to me... is it?? But why does it feels so... realistic?? That I didn't know and I don't want to talk about. I'm afraid--- Ba-thump!!

.

.

.

Somewhere at the middle of the night...

.

"P-PLEASE!! LET ME G--- AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!" The vampire screamed in agony before he was stabbed by a hunter's weapon on the shoulder. He looked at his assailant's face from the opening of the cloak in his face. His eye's suddenly went wide at the site of the face he knew so well.

"Y-you!!" he said and the assassin smiled so maliciously that even the bravest man cower in fear "YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD!!"

"But I didn't..." the assassin said, his voice hoarse before he raised his sword upside down and finally impaled the creature in the center of the head with a shriek cry from his victim of the night. The sword pierced until it came out of the back of the head.

There were electric static from the contact of the hunter's weapon to the twitching vampire before the victim finally turned to dust. "Filthy vampire" the assassin said before he left, leaving anemones where the murder took place. However, when he turned around, a mahogany-haired vampire with lightly-tinted blue eyes.

"Who are you...??"