-Radiant-

"It's called go-carting but without the actual go-carts." Derrick pushed the grocery carts into the clear road.

"That's not safe." Even though the road was deserted cars still passed by on occasion. Derrick threw me over his shoulder and placed me into the cart.

Screaming to the top of my lungs, kicking my legs but nobody helped me. Assholes. Derrick was three times my size. No chance for me to escape his hold.

He placed me in the cart laughing. "Now just relax. We probably won't get hit by a car."

Chase shrugged. "I think it's a fifty percent chance Dylan will get hit and you'll be able to move out of the way."

"On three!" Cole yelled.

"I swear Witherhall if you don't get me out of this cart."

"One!" Kade yelled.

"Derrick I'm going to have an panic attack."

My heart was beating so fast and I could see fast approaching trucks.

"Two!" Chase yelled.

My hands gripped the sides of the metal cart.

Derrick threw his head back in laughter.

"Three!" John yelled.

There I was getting pushed down the highway close to an incoming truck.

I yelled the whole time.

The trucker hit his horn, trying to tell us to move.

"That's the sprit man. Honk! Honk! Yes I love this guy."

I think Derrick is out of his mind.

Just when we were about to collide with the truck he pushed us out of the way.

The adrenaline was high.

"Let's do that again."

We raced with the carts through the open highway.

Derrick and I were forming a friendship. He's so different from how I thought he would be.

We joked until the moon shone saying is was night.

We didn't have a normal friendship though. We teased each other. We play fight each other. We called each other names.

But underneath that anyone could see how much we cared about each other.

Because if you listened closely to every, "shut up."

There was an "I love you."

"I never thought I'd say this but Witherhall you are one of us." I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"And West I never thought I'd say this but, I'm glad to be."