-Radiant-

"Fucking faggot."

Bill, a football player, pushed Derrick up against the locker, walking away. Kade neared Bill but I grabbed his wrist to stop. Like Derrick said he would, he told everyone he and Chase are an item and I think he wishes he didn't.

This meant breaking up with Hailey.

All the guys have been harassing him, hitting him, leaving threats on his locker. Even the teachers have been failing him because he's gay.

The coach said it was just a phase and gave him the number to a prostitute. He said, "She'll make you feel like a man."

We encouraged him to talk to the principle who just asked, "Well , son, are you gay?"

His parents aren't any better. They kicked him out. Told him the lord we'll punish him for his sins. That he was the worst possible thing that could happen in the family.

In other words; get lost, don't come back until you've washed the devil out of your heart.

Now he lives with me. Phil wasn't thrilled about it but my mother told him something like this, "This is my house and I don't care if he's gay or transgender, He is allowed in my home, If you don't like it, leave."

Derrick now sleeps in our guest room.

Tonight was the big football game. Scouts from all over the nation we're looking at Derrick, he's a very good player.

UCLA , the school he wants to attended, was there tonight.

"Give us a big W." My mom kissed his cheeks.

She's never kissed my cheeks.

Phil put his hand on Derricks shoulder, "Im proud of you. You'll always be a West to me."

For the past three weeks Phil and Derrick became like dad and son. Phil taught Derrick some old football plays in our back yard.

Every day after school they'd get ready to practice.

Derrick embraced Chase in a tight squeezing hug. "I love you." He whispered to him.

"I love you to."

"Who's ready to kick some ass." Kade walked up to us. Painted in green and purple, our school colors.

Katie hit him upside the head.

"Butt. I meant who's ready to kick some butt."

She nodded in approval, walking over to Derrick. "We all are very proud of you."

He hugged her.

The announcer called our school team to the field.

"Wish me luck." He jogged out behind the team. The crowd went crazy.

We walked over to the bleachers were Madison and John were laying on.

"Can I sit there?" A blonde girl asked.

"No. Keep it moving these seats are reserved." John stretched out his body more so there was no space for her.

"There are no more seats." She complained.

"I heard standing is good for the body." Dakota waved her a goodbye then moved so we could sit down.

"That was cruel."

She shrugged at me, throwing popcorn.

Cole and Derrick were some of the first players on the field. "Go baby!" Cole's mom yelled.

Madison rolled her eyes, "Go daddy!"

Everyone looked at her including the scouts.

Cole shook his head, getting into position.

By the end we're on the edge of our seats.

It was tied 60 to 60.

The ball was in Derricks hand.

He's running past the 50 yard line.

He's at the forty.

The thirty .

I edged myself out my seat.

The twenty.

He's at the ten.

"Touchdown!" Kade yelled running onto the field.

We all ran behind him, patting Derrick and Cole on the backs.

"Go change, we are celebrating."

He ran to the locker room, pumping his fist in the air.

"Excuses me are you related to Mr.Witherhall?" I turned to the scout who had an UCLA sticker on his shirt.

"Yes I am."

He pulled out a white card.

"Tell him that we would love him to join us at our school and he can feel free to call at any time."

He walked away while we screamed, "No fucking way."

We raced over to the locker room waiting for him.

My excitement, bubbling inside of me.

One by one the guys started coming out, none of them were Derrick.

Than a group of guys came out, laughing.

Then another group.

"Where is he?" John asked.

"I don't know but I have a bad feeling." Kade walked up to the door.

"You aren't allowed in there." Dakota stated.

"Well we are going in." I pushed the door open with Kade behind me. It was foggy from the hot showers.

Bill came out one of the showers wrapping a towel around him. He looked shocked to see us. "Get out. You guys aren't suppose to be in here."

Kade slammed him against the locker while I entered the shower that he had just exited.

Derrick laid with a bloody nose, cum on his face with his clothes ripped.

I helped him stand to his feet.

He looked at me, sadness in his eyes, "It's funny, Dylan.I'm not addicted to alcohol, meth, or cocaine. I'm just gay and I can't control it."

He ran out of my arms, out of the locker.

Kade had all of them on the ground, I grabbed onto his arm. "Let's go Kade we need to make sure he's okay."

"It's never over Bill."

We ran out, looking at everyone who just looked as shocked as I did.

Chase angrily tried to enter the locker room but Kade grabbed him.

"We need to go find him." My heart was beating out of my chest.

My mother searched for her keys, messily in her bag.

"Come on." I pleaded.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I ran through the towns cold night. Calling out Derricks name.

I pushed open my front door as everyone parked in the driveway, racing up the stairs.

"Derrick!"

I got no reply. Opening his door I dropped to my knees.

"No."