-Radiant-

"So I'm guessing none of you have completed the assignment I've given to you, considering no one has turned in any essays." Mr.Beck stalked around the class.

My phone vibrated from my pocket. Making sure Mr.Beck couldn't see me, I read the message.

"You are the definition of ignorance. How could you not turn in your essay."

I held in a laugh. "Kade Matthews I did not see You turn your greatness of an essay in."

"You have wounded me."

I ignored his text putting my phone away.

"I'm assigning you guys a project. You'll have a partner." He stood, passing out the instructions. "It can be a poster board, PowerPoint or an essay about a important leader who inspires you."

Me and Kade looked at each other, mentally signaling each other that we are working together.

The bell rang. We all rushed out. Derrick pushed Chase to the ground. "Watch out faggot."Bill smirked. Him and his football jockeys laughed.

"Asshole." I mumbled helping Chase to his feet.

Kade toward over him.

"That's very brave of you Derrick." Him and his football friends turned to look at Kade. "Considering you were just-"

"Kade." Chase warned telling him to stop.

The guys walked off. "What's his problem?" I asked walking to next class.

"He's playing his part." Kade explained. "Making sure no one notices any changes in him or him and Chase's relationship."

"Your okay with being his secret?"

We walked behind the courtyard skipping next class.

We found Dakota spray painting the back of the school.

"I like him to the point that it hurts." He explained. "Whenever I see him talking to Hailey, my stomach aches. And when my eyes meet his. My heart feels like it's about to rip out of my chest.

It's not healthy, I know. It's almost like a disease. It's going to destroy me, I know it will. But some how I think it could save me, too."

Kade sighed, "That my friend is called love."

"I can't help thinking that everything with him is wrong."

I didn't know what to say to him. The right words to use.

"Here's some advice." Kade placed his hand on Chase's shoulder. "I'm a believer in all things poetic. I believe the reason we fall for the wrong people is we go after the person who shows their interest in us.

And compliments us. Because the ones who truly loves us only do in secret."

Sometimes I find myself looking at him for a really long time and smiling because I just like him so much. And it's almost funny because I didn't think it possible to like a person so much as I liked him.

Yes like; I liked him first. He was becoming my best friend.

Although I wanted to love him.

"Just dump him." Dakota suggested. "A guy like Derrick we'll never come to his senses."

The sad look on Chase's face made me spring into action.

I jumped up clapping. "We are going to Bavens Beach."

Dakota stopped spraying. "Right now?"

Rising my eyebrow towards Chase. "You can invite Derrick."

Dakota groaned.

"Bavens Beach, It is." He ran off calling Derrick on the phone.

"Bavens Beach?" He questioned.

"Its three hours away. It was closed down cause some kids got killed by sharks."

"And you want to go there?"

Me and Dakota climbed the fence to get out of the school.

"You have a death wish."

Glancing down at him from the fence, "I'm not scared to die Kade Matthews, are you?"