Chapter 12- A letter and glove

-Ciel's POV-

'Good that that's over with...' I thought while waiting for Antoine to finish his tea. After a while Thomas suddenly opened the room with a letter in his hand that he had already cut open, "A letter addressed to you and your uncle has arrived, master..." He handed Antoine the envelope.

"You can go now, Thomas," the earl answered which Thomas replied with a bow and left. Antoine read the letter and his eyes widened in disbelieve. "What is it?" I asked. He handed me the letter.

----------------------------------------------

Dear earl Antoine Allingham,

I'm happy to inform you that your uncle's request of finding a fitting lady for your engagement in our family has been fulfilled. It seems like after almost half a year after your request someone around your age from our family was searching for the same thing. My daughter to exact. She will arrive at your estate with her maid on the saturday after this letter will arrive.

Sincererly,

Marquis Alexis Leon Midford

----------------------------------------------

My eyes widened as well at what I read, 'Midford?! That can only mean one thing...' "Sebastian! Come here this instant!" I shouted which visibly surprised Antoine.

The demon butler soon opened the door with a small package in his hand, "What is it, master? Your new glove has just-" I interrupted him, "Elizabeth will arrive here soon to be engaged to earl Allingham!" His eyes widened slightly but he quickly composed himself and smirked, "I'm sure we'll be able to handle it quite nicely, my lord." I clenched my fists together.

Antoine suddenly stepped in front of me, "Who is this Elizabeth you are talking about? And what does she have to do with you?" He could see that I didn't want to tell him so he added, "It's an order!" I twitched when the contract sign on my hand heated up, "I'm speaking of Elizabeth Midford, Antoine. I was engaged to her but she now believes that I am no longer alive. I suggest we should make sure we never meet or it will get..... Troublesome."

-Sebastian's POV-

"Indeed, I think I would have a similar effect on her. Not as troublesome to get out of of course but similar not the less," I added. Antoine sat back down on the couch thinking.

I saw that my master looked rather uncomfortable which made me chuckle slightly. 'Oh master..... You don't like being ordered around at all, do you?' He glared at me almost like he knew what I was thinking. I only smiled.

"Master..." I held the small package in my hand towards him, "I assume you would still like to have this?" He looked at me with confusion before remembering what it was.

He had sent me to London a few days ago to order a glove which would keep his contract sign hidden more elegantly than the bandage he was currently wearing. Of course a new glove wouldn't have been needed if his hands weren't the smallest of every one in the household which annoyed him quite a bit.

"Yes... Thank you, Sebastian," the small boy answered before taking the package. He opened it to reveal the black glove inside. It had white details and would look rather elegant, even without being a pair. I bowed. He put it on after taking of the white bandage. He looked at the details with his piercing blue eye but I could tell that he was quite satisfied which I let him know with a small smirk.

It seemed like Antoine had soon finished his thinking when he spoke up again, "First of all, I want to let you two know that I'm planning to take my revenge in about one month when Thomas and Carla are on their time of for this year. I don't want them to be here when I do this..." he paused giving my master a chance to nod showing his agreement, "But till then we'll have to handle this... Elizabeth Midford. When she is here I want you, Sebastian, to still continue your chores but try to avoid the lady. If she finds out however we can still say you simply have a new master now. As for you, Ciel, she is not to see you at any time, understood?"

I saw my master clenching his fists together again from the corner of my eye. 'My, my.... The earl' s personality has quite changed since you made your contract, master.... Almost suspicious at that.... But who am I to judge?' "Yes, Antoine," replied my Master looking even more displeased than usual.

"Good, then let us start preparing for her arrival."