Chapter 10- A dark blue mark

-Ciel's POV-

My eyes widened in disbelieve. "How do you know?" I asked him trying hard to compose myself. He looked at me after quietly closing the door behind him and replied calmly, "What? That you are a demon? And that Sebastian probably is as well?"

I finally regained my composure and looked back at him as calm as he was. 'How does he know all this? All the years since I made a contract with Sebastian noone ever found out. Besides he's only slightly older than me...' I thought, trying to see through the situation.

"It wasn't hard to tell. Actually I've always been interested in the supernatural and the details I noticed about you when you were staring at me and what occurred during my first talk with Sebastian fit everything I know about demons perfectly," he continued, "I also wanted to make a contract for quite a while now... But being under uncle's watch and not knowing how to find a demon prevented it."

I was surprised at how his personality has changed since his uncle was gone. It was also quite suspicious... But I decided to ignore that detail.

'For devil's sake! I wanted to not make a contract until a long time in the future since I became a demon and now I'm seriously considering this!' I thought.

On the other hand Antoine wasn't any human. His soul was different than all the scents I picked up since I left human needs behind. 'Is this how my soul has smelt to Sebastian and Claude?' I wondered.

I spoke up after a while, "What is your goal that you desire so much that you wish to sell your soul for it?" "My mentor!" Antoine's eyes were filled with determination, "H-He died a while ago. I want to avenge him..." He sounded a bit shy at the end again.

"Well.... Who was-" I started before he interrupted me. "I- It's private! He... Was my personal mentor.... Nearly noone knew about him but he taught me everything I know before he... He was murdered."

'That explains why Sebastian didn't mention him in his data...' I thought to myself.

"Will you make this contract with me?" Antoine asked. 'I'll not be able to find a soul like his in a while. Thinking about it, I am a demon now... Could this be wrong?' I thought for a while before replying.

"I am... Considering it... But I have a few minor conditions," I said. Antoine nodded motioning me to continue.

"First, I will keep my... Current... name as well as my appearance," I began making sure it wasn't too obvious I was only demanding this because of my lack of knowledge about my new powers as a demon, "Second I will also make sure not to meet anyone from my past except for Sebastian, of course, if it isn't required to achieve your ultimate goal of revenge. Finally I will not play your butler all the time or something similar. You already have servants and what they can't take of can be handled by Sebastian. In return for these requests I'll ignore that you won't tell me anything about your mentor. Do we have a deal?"

I said to the boy in front of me. "Yes of course! Thank you!" his eyes lit up in excitement. He seemed so more childish than me although he is even a bit older.

I became slightly nervous when I realized what was about to happen now. I had literally no experience of how a demon places a contract sign nor what mine looked like. Antoine looked nervous as well perhaps because he read about the pain a human feels when the sign is applied.

I soon pulled myself together and decided to get this over with. Antoine pulled a strand of his hair to the side which had covered a part of his forehead on the left motioning me to put the sign there.

I soon was done with the placement of my sign and looked at the result. Antoine stood there pressing his teeth together but he hadn't screamed to prevent that anyone could have wondered what was going on.

The sign on his forehead was dark blue. It was similar to Sebastian's in more than one way. The same circle around it but it was connected to the simplistic star like structure in the middle touching its edges. The star itself was more complex than the one in my eye. It had elegant lines connecting the edges.

'What an elegant contract sign...', I smirked before I heard someone open the door.

-Sebastian's POV-

I entered the room my master was in after I had handed George Allingham to the police. It took longer than I had expected but now the old man was handled by someone else than me.

I found the young earl standing there, unmasked, if I might add, across from the earl of Allingham. My master looked at me with a mix of surprise and annoyance. His eye was bright pink which I guessed was simply caused by the presence of Antoine until I saw a bright light coming from his left hand.

My eyes slightly widened when I watched how a rather complex looking dark blue mark appeared on the back of his hand. I quickly composed myself to not show any weakness while in the presence of my master, "The murderer is being handled with now, my lord. May I ask what kind of contract you agreed on with earl Allingham while I was gone?"

My master looked at me and answered, "He wants to revenge his murdered mentor... We shall help him achieve this without any non-relevant questions, understood?" "Yes, my lord," I bowed but frowned slightly.

'I am not sure about his whole motives, master... The scent of his soul reminds me of something rather odd for a human...'