Chapter 7- A broken window

-Narrator's POV-

"So... what is it you want to talk with me about? Mr. Michaelis, was it?" Antoine's violet and green mixed orbs stared up to the crimson ones of the tall butler in front of him.

"Quite right, my lord. I am here today because my master is quite worried about you. He is an english noble but I unfortunately can't go further into detail considering it would complicate it for him to help if his involvement would get public."

The young boy's eyes widened during the speech of the ravenhaired man. "W- Well... Why is your master worried about me?" asked the earl.

"He heard rumors about citizens thinking you are a murderer, my lord," the demon made a pause to watch the young earl's eyes grow even wider, "I was sent here especially to keep an eye on your safety, my lord, and of course also to find evidence that proves all the rumors wrong."

He gave Antoine a close-eyed fake smile. Antoine's voice trembled when he responded but he tried to hide it, "How do I know that I can trust-"

-Sebastian's POV-

He was interrupted by a loud noise that turned out to be the window breaking into pieces. The earl looked behind him shocked when a bullet came flying at him. I caught it swiftly in my hand before laying it down on the desk.

I smirked, "What were you about to say, my lord?" Antoine was still shocked by what had happened and stared out the window. Whoever was responsible was already gone.

"W- What was that!?" he asked me when he finally composed himself. I truly didn't know since I had made up the rumors but who knew... Maybe Undertaker had in fact told the angry relatives of the dissapeared.

I decided to use what happened to my advantage, "It seems like somebody wanted to take your life, sir. Do you now understand why I am here?"

Suddenly the door opened and Thomas rushed in, "Master! Are you alright? I heard a noice and-" He stared at the bullet laying on the desk. "It's fine, Thomas. Come back later to clean up the window, will you?" Antoine ordered with a surprisingly strong voice. "Y-Yes, sir," the butler bowed and pushed up his glasses before leaving.

"Yes... I- I understand now... But..." the earl came back to the original topic. "What is it, my lord?" I replied smoothly. "How did you catch that...Bullet ... So easily, Mr. Michaelis?" "You can call me Sebastian as long as I stay here and I can assure you... I am nothing more than one hell of a butler..." I bowed slightly and smirked.

"Very well, Sebastian..." the young boy said a bit sceptical, "Thomas will show you to your room... We can talk more tomorrow..." "Until tomorrow then..." I bowed and left the room.

Outside I almost immidiantely found Thomas who led me to a guest room without saying a word. On the way we passed George Allingham who was apperantly on the way to his nephew's office. He glared at me while I just smiled.

'This situation is getting more interesting by the minute... I wonder how all this will unfold...'