Chapter {4}

Once the boys arrived home, none of them can get Alice out of their heads.

All the could think about her soft and silky hair, and how much they wanted to play with it. To touch her soft creamy skin. To pull her closer to themselves and only to themselves. It felt like love at first sight. But for Adham, she wasn't. She was a classmate that over time, he developed feelings for her. Adham never told his friends. He was selfish and wanted nothing more than having her all for himself.

He never showed or try to show it because he didn't want any of his classmates to know or tease him about it. He never liked to be teased and he would pick a fight with anyone who did do so. People considered him repulsive.

"I got an e-mail from the school saying you get a detention." his mom says as she trying to spark a conversation with him about his behavior. He drops the two plates with a long bang, "Yeah" he says "For god's sake, it was the first day of school!" she says leaning the spoon she was stirring  with at the side of the pot. "Don't you notice what I'm trying to do for you? I'm trying to give you the best future possible. "

'Oh no, here is another fight' "Mama, I don't want us to fight everyday, can we please enjoy our dinner together for once. We don't have dinner with each other every single day.So please, let's enjoy it." he pleads. His mom nods "Yes, you're right about the dinner together part. But this conversation about your actions is not over."

He shakes his head, "Yes, I know you just want the best for me." He heard from his chemistry teacher last year that their parents only want the best for them, this is why they work so hard to earn money in order to feed their children , to teach them , to get them dressed in best clothes possible. He shouldn't be tough on his mom all the time. She was a single parent who had to work everyday in order to get her and her son alive and healthy.

"So what's for dinner?" he asked as he smiled at her. He reminded her of her ex-husband, but she thought that her son was much better, more handsome, and smarter. "I made Canjun Chicken Pasta, I watched a video and thought we should try it" she says as she turns off the fire. "Sounds delicious." he smiles showing his dimples. "Can you hand me the plates?" Adham gives his mother the blue plates that she was gifted from Morocco. His grandmother who went there visiting gifted the plates for Eid al-fitr last year. She fills the plates with the pasta and gives it to him, he takes them and set it on the table in the balcony. His mother brings two glasses of homemade Rosemary Citrus Spritzer.

"Thanks mama," he says as he grabs the tray from her. They sat in silence as they both eat. "The sky is really pretty today." His mother gazes up at the sky "Yes, it's very pretty." Adham admits.

Noah's father has finally arrived from work

Noah's father has finally arrived from work. The whole family was seated on the dining table. It's a must for his Korean family to cherish dinner time with the family.

Noah was seated at the far end and by his side was his sister; Lily and next to her was his little brother; Sam. On the other side was Noah's mother and his grandmother who was visiting. "Was I holding you guys up?" Noah wanted to say yes, but kept it in. Noah was starving because he didn't eat lunch at school since he didn't have his money. He couldn't ask from his siblings because they don't go to the same school. His sister was a 8th grader and his little brother just started 5th grade. On top of that his friends didn't have money either. Noah's father sits down opposite of Noah.