Chapter 22

It has been almost a week since Y/N and Barry set aside their differences, and made up. Things were fairly normal in Central City, not much happened. As for Thawne; there have been no sightings of him since his last appearance at S.T.A.R. Labs. 

At Barry's Lab:

Barry was busy filing cases when he heard a knock on his door. He poked his head out of his work to see Y/N walking towards him. An uncontrollable smile began to grow on his face as she approached him.

"Hey Barr."

"Hey Y/N," Barry said getting up and giving her a hug, and a quick peck on the lips.

"Whatcha doing?" Y/N asked as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Nothing important," he said kissing her once again, they would have continued had Patty not walked in.

"Hey Patty," Barry said his arms still around Y/N. Y/N didn't like the idea of Patty. Especially not after what she did the last time she was alone with Barry. 

"Hey guys, uh...Tar Pit, Tar Pit is back, reports downtown." Patty said; the elephant in the room was obvious.

Y/N and Barry both sped out of that room as fast as possible to avoid any more awkward encounters.

At S.T.A.R. Labs:

Tar Pit was secured in a cell, Barry and Y/N were both waiting for him to wake to question him. They had to know more about Thawne, they needed leverage against him. Just then he began to stir; he went on and on with the usual rant, "No cell can hold me, I'll kill you all."

"Yeah pal, heard it all before; now about the guy who broke you out of Iron Heights," Y/N said seeking answers.

"Look he let me out, then he said that if I agreed to do what he said he'd set me free."

"What did he ask you to do?" Barry asked walking towards the glass.

"Kill Central City's very own scarlet speedster," he said in a flat tone shifting his glare to Barry.

"Why?" Y/N asked walking towards Barry.

"Look I didn't ask questions okay, this guy wasn't messing around."

"Why!" Y/N yelled pounding her fist against the glass. Barry knew Y/N wanted answers, but he didn't realize how badly until this moment.

A few minutes later:

Barry and Y/N were both frustrated as they walked back into the Cortex. Tar Pit had been of no use, he knew nothing of importance.

"No luck?" Caitlin asked spinning around to face them.

"Nothing," Y/N said sounding defeated.

"We're gonna figure this out," Barry said putting and arm around her.

"I know," Y/N said before speeding off, she came back in a dress, a nice one in Barry's opinion. 

"You ready for our dinner date?" Y/N asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Barry said before speeding off to change, he put on a tux. Little did Y/N know, Barry had a very special something prepared for tonight. It was their one-year anniversary, Barry knew that their future might not last long, but he wanted to make the most of it. He raced back to S.T.A.R. Labs and took a nice long look at Y/N, she was beautiful.

Later that evening:

Barry and Y/N had a nice dinner out on the water. Barry had managed to arrange and entire meal for both of them. Y/N was in awe of how much Barry had done, and how nice he looked in a tux. Barry was nervous, he could feel the box in his pocket. Why was he so nervous, it was a question, 4 simple words, why was this so difficult.

Finally, he mustered up the courage and got up. Y/N looked at him a little confused until he got down on one knee.

"Y/N, I know it's only been a year, but it's felt like an eternity. In this past year with you, I've begun to feel feelings I didn't even know I was capable of feeling. I felt something for you ever since that day I landed on Earth 5. I know we can't say what the future may hold but I want you in it, every hour, every minute. I saw it right from the start, that you would be my light in the dark, and now you've given me no other choice, but to love you. All I want to do...is coming running home to you. Y/N Y/L/N will do me the honor...and marry me?"

By this point Y/N had tears forming in her eyes, the same was said for Barry.

"Yes," Y/N said looking into Barry's eyes, "Yes."

Barry smiled, he stood up and slid the ring onto her finger. It was a simple silver band, with a diamond in the middle, if you looked through the center of the square shape you could see a lightning bolt, just like on the emblem. It was perfect...