Chapter 10

Barry and Y/N continued to kiss as Barry led her onto the couch. He snaked his arms around her waist, as Y/N sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck deepening the kiss. Barry was about to unzip her dress when his phone went off. They broke the kiss...

"Typical," Barry said sounding annoyed looking at his phone.

"We should keep a record of how many of our dates get interrupted by these criminals," Y/N said with a smile looking at Barry.

Barry leaned forward and said, "Maybe the cops can handle this one," as he leaned in for another kiss.

"Come on," Y/N said getting up and running to the crime.

Y/N arrived but nothing was there, nothing was happening. Just then Barry arrived, the same stunned look on his face.

"There's nothing here," he said with uncertainty in his voice.

"I know," Y/N said, she was thinking that there had to be something else at work here.

Together the two studied the entire area, scrounging around for any clue about what was going on.

"Cisco what the heck, there's nothing here," Barry said annoyed that 'this' of all things had interrupted his date night with Y/N.

"I don't know dude, the satellite definitely found something there," Cisco said assured that his tech wouldn't fail him.

"Let's head back to S.T.A.R. Labs," Y/N said before speeding off, Barry behind her.

Y/N arrived first, Barry about a minute later. They both stood at the opening of the Cortex staring at Cisco.

"Okay okay I can see the hatred in your eyes," Cisco said with a smile that screamed please don't hurt me.

"Cisco, hate to break it to you pal but your tech has failed you; there was nothing there," Barry said grabbing his shoulder in a reassuring friendly way.

"No, no...no I scanned the satellite it's perfectly functioning," Cisco said peeling Barry's hand off of his shoulder.

"Then why did it send us to that location?" Y/N said a little skeptical until it had finally sunk in, "Oh God."

"What?" Barry asked looking at Y/N with a concerned look.

"It was a distraction...'his' distraction," she said looking up with a serious look.

Immediately she raced to Cisco's computer and began typing at rapid speeds until she found her answer.

"He sent a false signal to the satellite so it would send us away, while we were searching for a crime he was stealing files from the S.T.A.R. Labs database," Y/N said looking at Barry and Cisco.

"Who was stealing files," Caitlin asked as she entered the Cortex.

"Eobard Thawne," Y/N said in a flat tone.

"We were all distracted focusing there, and he was right underneath our noses," Barry said putting an arm around Y/N's waist, in an attempt to comfort her.

"Files about what?" Caitlin and Cisco both asked leaning against the computers.

Y/N began typing again and then stopped as she had found her answer, "Me, and you too Barry," she said looking at him with a worried expression.

"Hey, hey it's okay...I got you," Barry said wrapping her tightly in his arms in a protective way.

"Why would he want files about you two?" Caitlin asked curiously.

Cisco pulled the keyboard away from a shaken Y/N. He began typing away,

"They were medical files, and performance files," Cisco said confused about why Thawne would want those.

"Our weaknesses and abilities," Y/N said turning and looking away from Barry at the computer screen, "He's gaining leverage on us for his plan...whatever it is."

"Hey I'm not gonna let him hurt you," Barry said wrapping an arm around her from behind and kissing her cheek.

Y/N turned and faced Barry, cupping his face with her hands and looking up at him. 

"I gotta go think about all this," Y/N said gesturing to the computer and what had just happened, and then just like that she was gone. Barry stood there for a moment before realizing that he needed to go after her, she couldn't do this alone he thought to himself.

"Cisco where'd she go?" Barry asked looking at Cisco for an answer. Cisco began typing away trying to find Barry the answer he wanted but turned up empty handed.

"She disabled her tracker in the suit, I don't know where she is," Cisco said looking at Barry.

"I have an idea," said Barry remembering what Y/N told him when he was on Earth 5.

Barry ran to the center of the city, he found Y/N. Sitting on top of the Wayne Tech building, just like on Earth 5. He approached and sat next to her on the ledge looking out at the city until she looked at him.

"Of all the differences between Earth 5 and this Earth...the one similarity is this building, it still stands directly in the heart of Central City," Y/N said looking into Barry's eyes, he could tell she was worried about him.

"We're gonna stop him...I promise you that," Barry said taking in her warm embrace.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Barry," Y/N said with her head resting on his shoulder.

"Hey," he said pulling away and cupping her face in his hands, "Now why would you say that?"

"Because Barry, even I'm not fast enough to stop him, and I don't want you getting hurt...because I love you Barry Allen," Y/N said looking up into his loving eyes with a worried expression.

"I love you too Y/N...which is why I'm gonna help you stop him," Barry said embracing her once again.