I Bought A House, Just Not For Me

My dad finally arrives and gets me checked out of the hospital. Dad gives me my new phone and I'm wheeled out of the hospital and to Dad's car. Andy, Dad, and I ride home together while Dylan and Kelly ride together. I get inside my house to find all of the ranch hands, Jeff, Amy, Toby, Eliza, Danny, and Miranda waiting for me in the entrance hall.

Andy navigates my wheelchair towards the ramp leading upstairs, everyone else follows behind us.

"We installed pocket doors on your rooms." Dad says as we approach my door. "I thought they would be easier for you Meli. We only put one on Andy's door because I know you'll be spending quite a bit of time in there too. Eventually I plan on installing pocket doors on all the upstairs rooms."

"Thanks Dad." I say and quickly open the door. No word I can think of can describe how amazing my room looks. I couldn't bring much for furniture with me when I moved up here so someone bought me new furniture. All the furniture is colorful, like my walls, and mismatched in a way that still brings them together.

"Well, what do you think?" Amy asks.

"It's amazing... incredible.... beyond words. Thank you all so much." I give them all hugs.

"Can we go see my room now Meli? Can we? Can we?" Andy says in his exited kid-like voice, getting on his knees and pulling my hand the opposite direction.

"Only if you stop pulling on my arm, you're kind of hurting it."

"Yay!" Andy jumps up and down, clapping his hands repeatedly, before turning my wheelchair around.

"Does anyone have a chill pill for this boy?" Jeff asks and everyone laughs. Andy opens his bedroom door and gives my wheelchair a hard push inside. Andy's room is almost an exact replica of my room. The only difference is the color of his furniture.

"This is so cool!" Andy flops down on his bed.

"Maybe we should leave you here for a little bit." I say. Andy is starting to worry me a little, he seems a little too happy about everything.

"Good idea Meli. Alright everyone let's go down to the family room for some cake and ice cream." Dad says. Everyone follows, except Dylan and me.

"Do you think he.... you know..... Again?" I ask Dylan quietly.

"I'm not sure, it does seem like it."

"Andy, what's wrong with you?" I ask.

"Nothing is "wrong" with me."

"Andy are you high?" Dylan asks.

"No. I've been clean for over two months now. I'm just really happy my sister is home."

"Then why are you acting like that?"

"Like what?"