Dylan's Point Of View

As soon as Jack and Meli walk out the door, Andy comes up to me, followed by Rex and Buzz.

"Why didn't you warn us about what time it was?" I ask.

"I didn't think my dad would freak out so much, it's not like the two of you were on a date, just two friends hanging out together." Andy says.

"Well about that, Meli agreed to calling that our first date. It's not like we kissed or anything, all we did was talk, as you guys could see."

"Were we really that noticeable?" Rex asks.

"It would've helped if the three of you weren't yelling at each other to move over the whole time."

"Wait, wait, wait! Did you just say that you and Meli went on a date?" Andy says.

"Yeah, but like I said before, all we did was talk."

"What kind of things did you two talk about?" Andy asks.

"Not much of anything really. We started out with talking about the new school year, then somehow we got talking about Winnie-the-Pooh, don't ask. After that we talked about the three of you spying on us, then we came in and Jack caught us."

"I bet Uncle Jack is going to start yelling at you first thing when he comes in." Buzz says.

"I was going to Buzz, but I have had a change of heart. God showed me a better way to deal with this. I think it's best for the three of you to head off to bed, busy day tomorrow. If you'll come with me Dylan." Jack says and starts walking up the stairs. I follow him into his office, where he shut the door. "I want you to know that Meli was the happiest I've seen her since her accident. She seems to really like you, maybe even more than just a friend. I just hope the two of you aren't moving into things too fast, being as you only met her three days ago."

"I wouldn't do anything to harm Meli, Jack. I want us to be friends first before anything else."

"Meli told me the two of you went on a date tonight, that's not what friends do."

"I've been thinking on that too, I don't think we should be dating yet, being as though we only met a few days ago."

"That's what I was hoping to hear. It's not that I don't like you Dylan, but she is my little girl, if you catch my drift."

"I understand Jack. I'll let Meli know how I feel, I hope she doesn't hate me though."

"I don't think she'll hate you, after all you are the only other person. Besides Jared, that she's ever shown a romantic interest in, or so I'm told. I'm sure that once she thinks it through, she'll see that you're just trying to do right by her. Now get on out of here before you pass out, you look tired."

 "I'm glad you're being cool about this whole thing Jack. Goodnight."