Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

Emett was fast asleep at my side and I slowly ran my hands through his thick brown hair, sighing I laid back and stared at the ceiling. I wasn’t tired just curious. I couldn’t sit here in bed and not do anything about the way Titus treated me. I slowly scooted to the end of the bed being very careful not to wake the very exhausted Emett. He looked so peaceful and comfortable, I wish I didn’t feel so antsy so I could have enjoyed laying next to him. I really hate my mind some times.

I slowly began to apply pressure to my legs they felt so weak and heavy from the weeks I had spent laying in bed.I very carefully hoisted myself onto my feet using the wall the balance myself. I was very shaky I felt like a new born foal learning how to walk. It was a pitiful site I’m sure.

With slow progress I made my way to the door, I winced and quickly looked back when the door creaked. Emett didn’t move a muscle he was gone to far into sleep to notice any sound. The house seemed abandoned it was eerily quiet. I walked into the empty kitchen of the small quaint cottage. It reminded me of a log cabin you would find in the woods that your grandmother would have decorated with lite blues and yellows. I walked over to the window at my right and smiled when I saw everyone sitting at an old wood table on the porch. I didn’t see Titus though.

“Looking for me?” I jumped and quickly turned around to see Titus standing right behind me with his arms crossed.

“Yes as a matter of fact I was. Can we talk?” I brushed some hair behind my ear and then suddenly felt very self conscious when I realized what I must have looked like after 3 weeks in bed.

“I figure I don’t really have a choice.” His face was wiped clean of any emotion , and my stomach began to fill with nerves.

“No you really don’t get a choice.” I smiled trying to lighten the mood…but it didn’t work if possible it just made the atmosphere of the room heavier.

I made my way to the couch using everything along the way that I could to help balance myself. He sat as far away from me as he could at the far end of the kitchen table.

What had I done to deserve this kind of reaction from him, you would think I had the plague.

“Soooo, whats up?” I asked staring him down but he stared right back.

“Nothing, you?” I widened my eyes an allowed a smile on my face.

“Oh nothing much here eitherm just spent the last 3 weeks in a coma. Bout it.” The look on Titus’s face said he was not amused by my sarcasm.

“What is this about Kaylyn?” He crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair with a scowl that could have froze hell over on his face.

“Uhm, well its about. Uhm…” Oh my gawsh what was I going to say? I brought my hands to my head squeezing my head in between them willing my thoughts to get unjumbled. What was wrong with my head today?

“Are you ok?” He whispered in a more familiar tone.

I nodded my head and took a deep breather trying to focus. “What happened? Why do you hate me all of a sudden? Did me not dying ruin your day some how?”

Titus narrowed his eyes at me “ First non of your business, second I could never completely hate you, three yes.”

I was lost for words I was just being dramatic about the dead part ruining his day. Is he really mad about the fact that I didn’t die? “Why…why would you want me dead?”

He stood up eyes closed as if he was trying to ignore I was there “I didn’t say I wanted you dead just said you not dying ruined my day.”

It hurt to know my best friend was being this way towards me, so much so that I couldn’t hold my emotions in and freely began to cry. But he kept his eyes closed ignoring my sobs.