Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

Had this all been a dream? I felt the faint memories of what had happened trying to play in my head. It was so hard to focus on them everything was covered in a thick fog and they quickly blurred away.

“Is she ok?” a faint whisper entered my mind, it was so low. There was more talking but I couldn’t hear what they were saying.

Was who ok? Who was hurt?

I screamed out in my head as I felt a burning sensation in my back, the darkness that consumed my mind had suddenly turned red with a wave of pain. When the pain subsided everything went black again.

What was that?

I frantically searched my mind for answers, nothing I couldn’t find anything.

Another wave of pain hit and I wanted to scream.

I wasn’t in control of my body, I felt as if I was off in the distance. I wanted to open my eyes I wanted to scream for them to stop.

I felt my body arch in another wave of pain and all at once I had a wave of images flood my mind. Everything was so bright there was so much to take in, I searched through them trying to find one that made sense before I was in more pain.

The darkness in my mind was starting to lighten and I was hopefully the pain was gone, but I was wrong.

I was feeling  hot I could feel sweat on my body I could tell I was breathing heavy and I found my voice as I screamed from the piercing burn in my back.

I felt a hand lay on my face I could feel someone’s hot breathing by my ear as they whispered to me.

“It’s ok, you’re going to be ok.” I would have glare at them if I could. How could they see me in this much pain and tell me it’s ok?

I felt something cold on my head and more talking.

I heard the soft feminine voice of someone, it was familiar.

“Is she going to be alright?”

I felt someone move some hair from my face, and I could hear a man speaking. He sounded tired and stressed.

“Yes, I finally got the bleeding to stop. If I can get the wounds closed and clean them one more time she should be just fine.” As he finished speaking to her, she let out a low sigh, and I could hear another voice.

This one was husky and had almost a growl undertone to it, I had never heard this voice before.

“It’s a good thing we found her when we did, who knows how much longer she would have lasted.”

I don’t know why it had taken me so long to realize I was the one they were talking about I was the one that was hurt.

I finally forced my eyes open, they felt so heavy and dry like I had sand in them. I blinked a few times trying to clear my vision, instantly wishing I would have just stayed in the darkness I was in. I felt the throbbing of pain from my back and my whole body ached. Yah definitely shouldn’t have woken up.

I felt a groan leave my lips as I tried to find the strength to move. That wasn’t going to happen.

“Kaylyn” I heard the now very familiar voice. Emett.

“Don’t move, I need you to stay still.” It caught me by surprise as I realized he was the voice I heard that sounded so tired. I could only nod as I did what he said. He didn’t have to worry about me moving that was for sure.

“What happened to you!” I rolled my eyes as I heard the frantic voice of Renee. I couldn’t blame her for freaking out lord only knows how I must look.

“Renee it’s not the time to be asking her questions.” The corner of my lips curled into a weak smile as I heard Titus’ voice. I was glad he was here to keep her clam.

Wait…how the hell did they get here!? Was I were I thought I was? Was I back home?

“How?” I flinched at the sound of my own voice, it was raspy and barley above a whisper even though I felt like I would be yelling.

I heard Emett’s hoarse voice, as his hand brushed gently across my face.

“I’ll explain everything later Kaylyn for now I just want you to rest ok?” I was glad to hear his voice as I allowed my tired body to slip back into darkness.

Emett’s P.O.V

I heard Fate walk up behind me, it had been hours since Kaylyn had fallen back asleep.

“Emett get some rest I’ll keep an eye on her and wake you if she comes to.” His voice was gentler that I was used to. This Fate was so different’ then the one I grew up with. He had a soft spot for Kaylyn so in that instance I was glad he had been keeping her safe. Even though he had kept her safe I couldn’t help but feel a little bitter towards him for letting Kaylyn build up so much resentment towards me. He completely went against my commands and said nothing to prepare her for the commitment she has to me.

“No I am fine.” I didn’t look at him as I responded with anger in my voice. I wasn’t just angry at him I was angry with myself for not protecting her. For just letting her run away from me, I should have told her the truth. Maybe she wouldn’t be lying here with her back ripped open, my blood started to boil as I thought about the pain and fear she must have felt. She hasn’t been able to tell us what happened yet but I can smell Natis on her. If I wasn’t afraid of leaving her side I would go hunt that bastard down and tear him apart.

“Emett, get some rest she will be ok.” Fate’s voice was harder this time.

I knew he was right, I knew I should get some rest I just didn’t want to leave her side. I ran a hand down my tired face if I had to get some rest I was going to do it right by her side.

I did just that I laid down by her side earning an annoyed look from Fate that I ignored. There was so much to tell her, so much to do and prepare for. Just the thought of everything had my eyes gettin heavy with sleep.

Kaylyn’s P.O.V

I heard the noise of birds and felt the warmth of the sun on my cold body. I hesitated to open my eyes already being able to tell that it was bright out as the sun shined through my closed eyes. I brought a hand to my face casting a shadow on my eyes; I cringed as I moved my body feeling the soreness. I slowly opened my eyes letting them adjust to the mornings light.

I took a deep breath and held it as I felt the tightness in my back from the wounds that were trying to heal. I slowly released my breath and looked next to me only to find the peaceful face of Emett. This was a nice thing to wake up too; I could care less about the pain as I looked at his face by my side.

Then the sting of realization hit me, he wasn’t mine. I would never be able to wake up to him in my bed by my side.

I closed my eyes trying to steady my un even breathing, when I opened them I almost gasped. Emett’s green eyes were looking back at me, his face distorted with worry.

“Are you ok?” He sounded drained as much as I hated the fact that he had been lying to me, I didn’t want him to worry.

“I am fine.” I forced a smile even though my body and emotions were feeling everything but fine. It was worth it though; I saw his crooked smile lighten up his facial features. And it sent flutter’s of butterflies through my stomach. I would enjoy this now because soon I was going to have to stop feeling this way towards him. I was going to have to ignore my emotions and love for him; so that I could move on I could feel my heart falling apart once again. Soon I would have nothing left.

****

Well guys I hope you are enjoying this book, right now you are caught up. I had this written and was just posting it on here. So now I will be writing new chapters so bare with me if there are mistakes. Not like there isnt a million mistakes in the other chapters haha.

Anyway from here on out, we will be going through this story together I guess. lol I am excited to see were my brain takes this! Woohoo!! hahah......

I am going to go cuddle in my overly large giant hoody and eat some triple brownie icecream!!

:)))