Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

“I hope you don’t mind, but I thought it would be appropriate to ask you parents for permission too…” He looked out the window as he backed out and down the road staying quiet like he had finished what he had to say.

“Too??” I asked feeling my heart beat take off.

He looked at me from the corner of his eyes a weak smile on his face. “Permission too date you.”

I stared at him, did he just say what I think he said? He really asked my parents? I was worth the trouble of asking permission. I was quiet for too long.

“That is only if you want to. After you told me you had never been kissed I thought it was the right way of doing things. I’m sorry I know I must be moving too fast.” I stopped him before he said anything else and with the biggest grin on my face that I have ever had I looked at him.

“I would love to.” We were at a stop light when he looked at me a grin to match mine.

“Really?” I nodded to excited to say anything else he really just asked me to date him! I was his girlfriend. I wanted to squeal so bad but I restrained myself.

Emett took me to a beautiful hiking spot in the mountains of Idaho. We had a great time, he brought his camera and we took what seemed like hundreds of pictures. We stopped by a small creek and we ate the picnic he had packed for us. The day couldn’t have been more perfect. At least that’s what I thought when we were walking back to his car now that the sun had almost set.

We packed everything up and sat on the back of his charger watching the sun sink behind the mountains painting the sky pink and orange.

“This has been such an amazing date Emett.” I played with a little white flower he had picked for me earlier.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Nothing could wipe the smile of my face, I felt his hand lay on mine and if it was even possible my grin grew wider.

“Kaylyn” my heart skipped a beat every time my name left his mouth.

“Yah?” he was quiet for a second like he wasn’t sure what he wanted to say.

“You know how you told me you had never been kissed?” I looked at him and he was already looking at me. How long had he been staring at me?

“Yah?” I felt my breathing getting a little more un-even and my heart was beating a little more quickly.

He rubbed the back of his neck as he dropped eye contact with me.

“Would you mind, if I was the first?” his voice was husky as he spoke, and I swallowed hard. He was so perfect, why was he so interested in me?

I thought about it for a second and I breathed deep as I nodded, he looked at me with uncertainty.

“Are you sure?” I was lost for words as his green eyes focused back on mine, and I nodded but I forced myself to say something.

“I’m sure.” With that, he laid a hand gently on my cheek and came closer to me. I could feel his hot breath on my lips and I wondered how it would feel to have his lips on mine.  I would find out soon.

As he was only inches from my face I closed my eyes, and shivered as his soft warms lips pressed against mine. That’s the moment; I knew he was the one I wanted to be with. My heart beat slowed as if it were finally content that it had gotten what it wanted. He was gentle and I only wanted more as he pulled away from me.

My eyes stayed closed a moment longer till I opened them to see him staring back at me with a cocky smile.

“How was that?” He spoke in a low whisper, and I did the same.