thirty-one

My heart deflated slightly as I watched Michael walk off, even though I knew he was coming right back in a few days. 

I crawled back into my car and sat in the silence. I took a shaky breath in realization that school was over in 2 weeks, meaning Michael left right after graduation. 

My heart hammered in my chest at the thought of not having him around. Michael has always been near me, and having his presence missing would be foreign to me.

My emotional stability has been so reliant on Michael that if he was gone, well, I'm sure that I would be very different.

My thoughts tripped over themselves, overwhelming me. The breaths from my lung started picking up their pace, in short, quick hits. 

I lost control of my own breathing and began to hyperventilate. 

What is wrong with me? I thought to myself. The steering wheel creaked as my knuckles turned white. Tears began to well up in my eyes and I lost myself. 

"Michael." I sobbed aimlessly. I repeated his name until the words felt strange rolling off my tongue. 20 times, then 30, I cried out his name. 

My phone buzzed, ripping me from my little episode. I reached out with a shaky hand to grip the phone and flipped it to see the screen. 

"Mikey" appeared on the screen. I opened the text, gliding my thumb across the screen as a tear splashed onto it. 

Just boarded :) ✈

 I smiled at his use of the plane emoji and waited for the next text he was writing. I took notice of my body's state and smiled at the fact that Michael is what calmed me down. 

 His next text popped up under his last one, sending butterflies through my stomach. 

I love you loser. Remember that <3

My mouth spread into a wide grin and constructed my response. A twinge of pain struck me as I remembered why we were writing these messages in the first place. 

Ok loser. I love you too. <<<3

I shut my phone off and buckled up before backing out of my parking space. I wondered how long I had been at the airport and flinched to see the clock say 6:30. I hadn't realized I spent so much time here.

I drove straight to school and dreaded the day ahead of me. I entered the gates and looked around me, seeing the disgusting couples not giving a damn that there were other people around.

I walked inside to find Emma standing at her locker. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone so I rushed by her, but she noticed me in the end. Her hand latched around my arm, but I jerked it away. Her skin felt like fire against mine, a repulsing feeling surged throughout my body. 

"Woah what's your problem?" she asked. I was not in the mood at all, so I quickly walked away to my locker. My hands fumbled through my books and binders. I had first period geometry so I dug through my locker in search of the homework assignment. 

Suddenly, my fingers brushed over a photograph and my throat swelled up. I never bothered to decorate my locker but I always kept one picture in it, and of course it was a picture of skunk boy. 

Reverse skunk had always been my favorite color on Michael. I know he was trying to copy his man crush Jack Barakat, even though he always denied it. 

I shook my head as to clean the slate of Michael. I found the paper I needed and slammed my locker shut. Once again, my feet led me down the hall, passing Emma again. I stopped and apologized but she understood. She handed me a mirror which definitely didn't make me feel any better. 

The puffiness around my bloodshot eyes sat above my tear-stained cheeks; so attractive. I applied a small amount of makeup to try and cover up the evident crying face. 

I continued the day, zoning in and out. Eventually the final bell rang, and I fled. I hopped in my car and drove off to the record shop Michael and I visited. 

I pulled into a free spot and pulled out the key from the ignition. After grabbing my bag, I climbed out and walked to the entrance. The only times I'd ever been here were with Michael, so going alone felt foreign. 

I walked in and the bell on the door rang. The store had a distinct smell that seemed to put you at ease. I idled around the store, browsing and picking up whatever got my attention. I decided to get a new Fall Out Boy album since I had cracked mine. 

My fingers skimmed through the titles before picking up what I was looking for. I walked up to the counter to pay and handed the disk over. 

The cashier made small talk, but after a while seemed to recognize me. "Hey, didn't you come in with your boyfriend?" I smiled politely and nodded. 

"How is he?" he continued. I mentally begged for him to stop asking but answered anyways. "He's doing okay." 

He nodded and handed me the CD in a small bag before bidding me a goodbye. I waved back and exited the store with my hand grasping the bag tightly. Once again, I climbed back into my car and headed home. 

Little rain droplets hit my head as I walked up to the front door. I sighed and barged inside to find Alex sat on the couch flicking through TV channels. 

A simple greeting was all she gave me before returning her attention to the show she had been watching. My foot hit the first stair before she squealed. 

I gave her a look of confusion for her lack of normal words. "Okay so we need to shop for your graduation dress." she reminded me. 

I rolled my eyes back as an annoyed groan escaped my lips. "How about you look into maternity clothes first." I sneered. 

Without another word I headed upstairs and shut the door behind me. I had had enough for one day.

A/N 

wow again with this month to month update. I'm a horrible person i know but believe me you guys are going to fricking pee your pants in the next few chapters so get an extra pair of underwear. 

also, i'd like to thank you nuggets for 30k reads you are all so punk rock and have gr8 butts x