seventeen

My heart, my breathing, my movement, it all stopped. I could not get this scenario through my mind. My mouth was dry and I couldn't speak.

I managed to croak out the word, "No." to calm him down. My body was slightly shaking and the possibilities of what could happen ran through my mind.

Anything I said or did could set him off, so I tried to react calmly. He stepped away from Michael with the gun still facing him as he walked over to me. 

I took a shaky breath and did my best to be rational. "One more fucking move and I swear I'll shoot. Now, princess, I'm going to give you instructions, and I want you to follow them. Sound good?"

I nodded and kept myself from grimacing at him calling me princess. He let a devilish smile spread across his face and grabbed my hand.

The feeling he brought me was indescribably awful, the exact opposite of Michael. He guided me to stand in front of Michael.

A number of scenarios ran through my mind as I planted myself in front of Michael. By now there were tears upon tears streaming from my eyes.

Michael's expression was unreadable, a mix between sadness, anger, and worry. I wanted to reach out and tell him that everything would be fine, but that'd just get us both killed.

Still holding the gun, he stood behind Michael and told me what to do. "Listen baby, I want you to stand right there and be pretty. I'll let Michael do the heavy lifting." He grinned a demonic smile before moving away.

"Michael Clifford, I want you to slap Daisy Marcus. Slap her with everything you've got. Just once, and I'll leave."

Michael's breathing was heavy as he looked down at his legs. My voice was quiet as I begged him to do it.

I could handle a slap, but if Michael didn't obey, he'd be shot and killed, something that I could not let happen.

"Why the hell do you wan me to slap her?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Michael veins were clearly visible and his voice boomed at Anthony.

Anthony pulled off his mask and posted a quizzical expression on his face. He cocked his head and looked at Michael with anguish before answering.

"Show me that there's nothing happening here. I want Daisy to be mine, but I guess that's not happening. The next best thing would be getting her to hate you." Anthony ended his answer with a 'duh' tone before pointing the gun again.

Michael sighed before looking up at Anthony and smiling. His eyes didn't twinkle like they usually did when he smiled, they were dark.

He smiled with sadness and darkness in his eyes and took a deep breath before saying something he shouldn't have.

"Anthony, I don't like Daisy one bit." he chuckled but his smile soon faded away.

"I fucking love her. I love her with every ounce in my body and I'd take a bullet for her. Literally."

Before I could do anything, Anthony pulled the rigger. The shot was booming and I watched him drop the gun and run.

"Michael! Fuck!" I ran to him and pulled up the sleeve of his shirt. A pool of blood was forming now so I pulled out my phone and dialed 911.

I had to wait for about a minute before they picked up. I told them everything as they sent an ambulance. My orders were to keep him awake so that's what I did.

The ambulance arrived a few minutes later and they strapped him to the gurney. I felt my heart shatter into pieces as they slipped the oxygen mask on.

They allowed me to ride in the ambulance with him on the trip to the hospital. The hospital was just a couple minutes away so we arrived quickly.

They carried Michael into another section and I was forced to wait in the waiting room. I sat down and pulled out my phone.

I suddenly remembered Misty and called her. The phone rang and she picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hello?" her thick accent greeted.

"Listen Misty, please stay calm but I need you to come down to the hospital." I took a deep breath before continuing on. "Michael was shot but they're running tests on him right now."

"What? I'm on my way right now. What happened? Where were you? Where was he shot?" she bombarded me with questions.

"Misty I need you to relax right now. I'll explain everything once you get here but I need you to stay focused on getting here as quick as possible."

I'm not sure if she heard me but all I could hear was a phrase being repeated.

God please don't take him. Not my baby.

That's when I remembered about Michael's brother and dad. If Michael died, Misty would be devastated. She said goodbye and hung up.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before a doctor and asked for the person responsible for Michael.

I got up from my chair and walked right over to him. "Is he okay? Please tell me he's okay." Desperation was evident in my voice as I pleaded for good news.

He took a deep breath before beginning. "Michael..."

I raised my eyebrows to urge him to continue.

whoops. btw thank u guys for over 2k reads :')