three

The day dragged on and we were eventually let out of the zoo of a school. I bid my friends some goodbyes and started on my way home. I put my blue ear buds in and slightly bobbed my head to the melody on them. I walked for about 10 minutes before I reached my house. I took notice of a moving truck in front of the house next to mine. I smiled at the thought of a new neighbor since this was a small and quiet town.

I walked to my porch and unlocked the door, letting myself in. I took the silence as a note that my house was free of any family members. I strode to the kitchen and prepared a small snack. I turned on some music and enjoyed my time alone. I was just about to sit down when I heard a knock at the door. I quietly groaned but opened the door to be greeted with a tall boy with strange hair.

I had never seen him before so I figured he was moving in next door. "Hi." he greeted me timidly. I gave him a soft smile and greeted him back. He scratched the back of his neck and looked at the ground. I was growing slightly annoyed with his shyness.

"Can I help you?" I said as politely as I could, not wanting to scare the boy off. "Oh sorry, I uh, my mum, she was wondering if you had some, uh some sugar." He spoke with an accent which was quite appealing and I smiled at the cliché-ness of the situation. "Yes I do." I said with a chuckle as I turned to head to the kitchen. I turned back at him and informed him that he was allowed inside.

He followed a few feet behind me as we entered the kitchen. I guess he picked up on the music because he asked me, "So you like The Neighbourhood too?" "Love them." I said as reached for the sugar. I heard him chuckle as he walked over to me. He reached above me to the shelf that I couldn't reach as my cheeks grew red with embarrassment.

"Thank you" I mumbled as I grabbed a container for the sugar. As I stood back up he decided it was a good time to introduce himself so he said, "I'm Michael. I just moved here from Sydney."  He reached out a hand at me and I wasn't sure what I should do. I didn't want to be impolite but I always got uncomfortable touching people. "I'm not filthy if that's your concern." he said with a genuine smile.

I snapped back into reality and decided just to shake his hand. I put my hand out prepared to feel a ball in my stomach but instead, I was greeted with butterflies. My stomach fluttered with euphoria, something I had not connected with touch. "Daisy." I spoke quietly, almost as if I spoke too loud I would disturb the feeling.

Right then, I knew Michael was something. He was strange but I would soon find that Michael brought me enchantment, hilarity, and exhilaration.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi :) I hope this is ok so far or that it's not cliché besides that intended cliché part lol but anyways, the chapters will get longer I'm just building up and if you shared this story in anyway that would be coolbeans but anyways sry for being a dork. k bye ly :)